Sign in to follow this  
Reflekted

random closing of game

i get sometimes , not often an issue where the game will close with no crash report , one minute i am doing something then next window is gone , yet when i goto taskmaster wurmlauncher.exe is still running alt will show crashed toon as logged out/ lost link but exe is still running , this has happened for years, and many others have experienced it , yet i am told it is "unknown bug"

• Like 1

This happens to me on a fairly regular basis as well. i have 10GB system ram, and 8GB on my GPU (RX570). I run the low mem client when possible, and even using it i will end up with no crash reports.

EDIT: you can actually cause it to happen on a low mem system by traveling to an impalong without restarting the client, or by leaving a client running for longer then ~6 hrs.

Edited by Tomatoes

I see is not just me having the same problem ... crashes without reports , but i got quite often , maybe every 10 min or so ..

takes all my joy of playing it .. there is any solution? any other game works fine ... 

This has been happening to me. Client winks away gone, no crash log. I don't recall checking the task manager if the exe is still running. I will do this next time.

I never knew who to complain to about this, until I saw on the log in window Latest News 'Client Hotfix 2021-12-18.

After see'n that its possible for posts in my chat tabs to cause me to crash, I'll keep an eye on last posts in my log files just after I crash.

Anyways, this just now (18:19 EST 18Dep2021) happened to me. I'm at my deed (Cornersville) on Indy server. The last thing posted to my any of my log files was this.. "[18:19:54] The venerable fat Osiogolden '5sC0rWhF 6' grazes." in my event log. If the crash error happens before anything has a chance to post to my log files, then, of course, I'd not see it there. I have my client set to LOW at log on.

This has been happening to me periodically for weeks, if not months. I have to admit, not sure exactly when this started. Some days seem to go by no such odd crash behaviors, other days I may crash out several times. I have had examples go by where I've been logged on in game 12 hours with no such odd crashes. I'm trying to monitor the timing. But there does not appear to be any time correlations. It seems random. But I'm still watching.

I have had these odd crashes while trying to type stuff. Busy in chat dialogue. Other times I was just moving from one place to another (just now happened, aforementioned example today). Other times it happens when i'm not even looking at wurm or doing anything in wurm. Just the Wurm window winks out, gone. It seems to happen a lot when I am cooking in my main building (Teeebomb's Tall House) on my deed here. When I'm cooking, I often have many many wurm windows open (FSbs, larder, oven, amphora, small barrel rack, … stuff like that). One day, I had 4 of theses odd crashes before I got that bunch of pizzas made.

win 10 home, 16gb installed RAM, Display memory (VRAM) 6gb, shared memory 8gb.

The Wurm client seems to be taking up 1 to 1.2 GB RAM iaw task manager (after crash, I was not observing the task manager at crash).

Thanks for your time,

Teeebomb

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

I was on line all day yesterday, no crash. Was away from deed. Got back to deed this morning. Just now (10:44 am EST, 20 Dec 2021) had game crash. On my Indy deed (Cornersville). On horse, just stopped to examine a FSB there. Not inside any building. The last post to any of my log files b4 crash.. was to event file (when I examined that FSB)...

[10:44:30] A storage bin made from planks and strengthened with iron ribbons. You can barely make out the signature of its maker, '.ex...n'. Wood colors: R=94, G=94, B=161. Ql: 22.73346, Dam: 0.0.
[10:44:30]  You notice some notches you must carve away in order to improve the food storage bin.

But the crash happened as I was positioning my mouse to click pick up that FSB. Did not actually click anything.

It was one of them 'no crash log crashes'. My wurm windown/client just poofed. I forgot to check if my wurm client was still in my tast manager, darnit.

WurmOnline Crash - no crash log file.

Just now happened again. I was in my house (Teeebomb's Tall House) on deed (Cornersville) making pizzas. The last entry in my log files was to my Event Log "[17:15:27] You selected 1." I logged on at 4:17PM EST... so I was online, on my deed for like 1 hour 8 ish minutes.

I did check, this time. I see the WurmLauncher64.exe is still 'Running' in my task manager. I have never checked that before after a crash. As far as I recall, this is first time I looked for that.

Wow. Something may be relevant. While typing this. I watched as the WurmLauncher.exe in my task manager, decreased in memory usage till it was 90,000 something K. Now, suddenly that same WurmLauncher.exe has over 842,000 K. Not sure if that's helpful or not. But I have no WurmLaunchers open atm. *shrugs*

WurmOnline crash - no log file.

At 11:38 am EST , 24 Dec 2021. Just now happened again.

I had been away from deed for a day or two mostly, none of these odd crashes. I get back to deed, start opening windows to get ready to make a pizza- BAM. Wurm client is gone. Don't see it in task manager this time. So not in wurm launcher.

Not sure if it matters.. but the last post on any of my log files was to my Event log "[11:38:02] The venerable fat Briskchaser '5sC0rEbF 8' grazes."

Crashed again just now, 1212 pm, EST, 24 Dec 2021. On deed, in Teeebomb's tall house, making pizzas. Last thing posted to any of my log files was.. "[12:12:02] You drop two breadcrumbs."

Crashed again just now, 17:01 EST, 24 Dec 2021 (3rd time today). Just standing on 2nd floor of my house (Teeebomb's tall house), chatting in chat tabs. Last thing posted to any of my log files was "[17:01:04] You can easily make out the signature of its maker, 'Retrograde'."

But the crash occurred several seconds after that event was posted.

Crashed again same way, no crash log file, 23:53 EST, 24 Dec 2021 (4th time today). Below ground this time in a building (named Cornersville Long House) on deed (Cornersville) on Indy. The last thing posted to any of my even log files is "[23:53:35] You found some ash!" I was shovel cleaning things. Forgot to check if it dumped Wurm client from my task manager this time. Sorry

Crashed again same way, no crash log file. Just now, 1334 EST, 25 Dec 2021. First crash today. On deed restoring fragments. Been online several hours this morning ([08:47:27] Welcome back, Teeebomb! Wurm has been waiting for you.) Mostly all on deed. I started doing identifying/restoring about 4 hours ago ([09:34:46] After you finish identifying you will start identifying again.) But did take many breaks, a few completely afk.

I did not check my task manager till a few minutes after the crash. Wurm client was not in the task manager by the time I thought to check it.

Last log file entry was "[13:34:03] You successfully recreate a pottery flask from the fragments."

Look in

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Programs\Wurm Online

and find files named "hs_err_pidXXXX"

these are java crash reports.  

6 lines down it will say where the problem occurred in Java

Mine is more often "jvm.dll+0x3d41ff"

But Oracle has never responded back to me when submitting reports to them for analysis... more than 2 years. 

Do you see any similarities in your java crash reports?

Ok, thanks JasonoNovi,

My last crash of this sort (on 25th Dec) shows same as yours posted above:

iWoDMgS.jpg

I do hope this helps someone figure this out.

Just now (7:16 am EST, 28 Dec 2021) happened again. Same, no crash log type of crash. I was on deed (Cornersville), in local farm tiles just south of my main building (Teeebomb Tall House). Wurm window just disappeared. I did immediately check my task manager. Wurm was not in my task manager at all, was completely dumped from my memory. Thanks to JasonoNovi's post above, I looked in my AppData\Local\Programs\WurmOnine folder, sure enough found another hs_err_pid#####.log file had shown up (created 7:16:31 AM, 28 Dec 2021) ...

1Ysh1lm.jpg

The last entry in any of my log files was to my event file "[07:16:28] After you finish farming you will start farming again."

I mean I had just logged in this morning "[07:13:50] Welcome back, Teeebomb! Wurm has been waiting for you." So I was in game for almost 3 minutes.  Started a quick run around to check the local farm tiles, was just say'n hi to friends. Three minutes later, BAM. Wurm client gone, completely gone.

I also have Wurm Assistant up, on my computer, would that affect java? Maybe two different programs trying to access them log files? Don't know. Just mentioning I always have Wurm Assistant loaded when I play Wurm.

Just whatever caused this crash this morning, did not happen for 26 and 27 Dec, I was on many many hours both of those days, not one crash.

Seems random.

This is a link to Jasononovi's forum thread.

Just had similar crash (7:05 PM EST, 28 Dec 2021). No crash log. Second crash of this sort today. On my deed (Cornersville on Indy), on 2nd lvl of my main building (Teeebomb's Tall House), was working floor loom, making square pieces of cloth. I checked, Wurm had dumped from task manager. So Wurm Online was not in my task manager right after this crash. The last post to any of my log files was to my GL-Freedom.2021-12.txt "[19:05:42] <Storelot> yes".

Crash file found in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Programs\Wurm Online  (hs_err_pid####.log) …

XGVOO30.jpg

The saga continues...

Ok just now (3:31 pm EST, 29 Dec 2021) had a similar crash, in that the wurm client disappeared w/ no crash log. I was in my main building (Teeebomb's Tall House) on deed (Cornersville on Indy), preparing/cooking pizzas.

The differences are, I saw my cursor freeze and it turned into an hourglass for a instant before the crash, and there is no new error report in AppData/Local/Programs/Wurm Online folder.

The last post to any of my log files just before the crash went to my _Event.2021-12.txt file … "[15:31:19] You selected 1."

I just now found a section in Wurmpedia, that may address my crashing issues.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Common_bugs_and_solutions

CXUdlrE.jpg

I will look at this, see if any of this fixes my random odd crashes.

Just happened again, 2nd time today (this time 10:45 pm EST, 29 Dec 2021). I was on deed (Cornersville on Indy). The last thing posted to any of my log files went to _Event.2021-12.txt "[22:45:26] After you finish improving you will start improving again." I was imp'n some tackles, shipbuilding in an open field, not in a building or underground.

The new java crash file in the AppData/Local/Programs/Wurm Online folder shows this...

YqDOzeq.jpg

I have not had a chance to try the things mentioned in the wurmpedia entry posted above.