Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Global Rites casts have to be balanced for equal rates between deity's

As an additions to the thread Cross server rite and faith swap cooldown - Suggestions & Ideas - Wurm Online Forum,
I would like to suggest to balance global rites, so all deities will have the global cast amount on equal period of time. There is many ways how it can be done, but obviously it have to be done after all. It could be complicated system that takes in count only active deity players who actually praying for the last week and calculate charges rate required by the info, so all gods will get charged with same speed and after all it will be cross server/cluster chagring system, so there will be no stupid deity swapping and sailing between servers. It could be really simple, it just will be able to get casted by cooldown that Devs will set. There is many ways as I said that could provide Wurm much fair global casts system.

Starting to remind me of a certain doorknock that plagued this forum not so long ago. -1

Considering the proposal, I could see some sense in it, theoretically. I have no numbers about followers of religions, but speculate that most will be Vynora due to the skill buff, followed by Fo, then Magranon and Libila, where I am unsure which has least followers. Among priests, distribution may be bit more even due to the different utility of priests and their spells. Here, I would speculate that Lilbila has least priests, but am not sure about. In fact, main utility of Magranon is for mining, and not everyone does larger mining projects.

Yet there may be an inverse correlation between significance of creed among followers, and interest in religion, thus prayer rate, altogether. Roleplayers as followers will certainly pray more often. That would explain why on SFI the occurrence of global casts seem to be relatively evenly distributed, with Vynora not impressively leading.

Also, balancing techniques would be complicated. It seems not sensible to make a global prayer and sermon pool to evenly distribute rite occurrence. That would destroy all roleplay feeling of turning towards a certain deity.

Therefore, without convincing figures demonstrating urgent need for balancing, I am opposed to a change which would bring more troubles and possible bugs than improvements. It would just mean fixing the unbroken.

Therefore, -1