Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Cross server rite and faith swap cooldown

Problem: Availability to get 5h sleep bonus from every single rite (from 4 god per server) are too good, and bad in same time because players with low play time are unable to use it and become out of competition too fast. It have to be reworked for sure. Causal players who tried to sustain such grind time, tried to get every single rite, are become drained and quit after all. They felt it too hard and in same time they do not want miss it, because it too good, so you become slave of the grind and to stop feeling it you quit.
Problem 2: on NFI cluster PvPers have to play PvE to use the rites.., we have roughly one rite per year on PvP
Problem 3: Main priests characters cant use it same as others, because they do not swap, and different gods have different charge rate after all. Players should not encounter such kind of stuff because they playing by priest which not that popular than others. (just for the haters my priest vynora, and my crafter can swap, and I have second good leveled vynora priest so I could swap my main priest also)

Suggestion: Make rites cross server and cross cluster. Also if you betray your faith and swap it, you get debuff that does not allow you get skill gain bonus from any rite for next month. Can make exception for faith swap for marks(arguable).

Edited by Nelsy

You know there's a cool down on swapping faiths right? Sure you can do it once, but that's it for a while.

Why are you against other people skilling so much? 

• Like 1

4 deity gods per server, on NFI 3 PvE servers so its actually 12. Actually rites ready exactually to this faith cooldown of the one week to swap again it again, are bad limitations, it naturally does not limit anything that belong to faith swap for the rite abuse. The idea is completely remove such abuses, players should not betray their god for such kind of stuff, its not natural and not every player can sustain such play rate to spend that amount of sleep bonus that it actually provides. Some players doing it only because they have to and they tired, but after all burn out and quit, because everyone who are on the top are doing it, and they do not want to fall too far behind them in skill grind.

Why you are against people who are suggest something?

I'm playing and grind a lot, probably more than you and your friends in summary. All the reasons why I'm doing it are listed in first message, you just have to read it. I'm not against anyone, but you asking such questions act like you against me personally, that's the huge difference. We talking here about gameplay experience. I suggested, if you do not like you explain your opinion, if you can't explain you say nothing, do not talk about me or any other person this is not the theme here.

Edited by Nelsy

Yes, you play and grind more than me, and you feel threatened by people who get sleep bonus it seems. 

You get more sb doing missions than converting faith once a week. 

1 minute ago, Archaed said:

Yes, you play and grind more than me, and you feel threatened by people who get sleep bonus it seems. 

You get more sb doing missions than converting faith once a week. 

And what, we are talking here about missions? This is arguable that you can get more than 5h sleep bonus per week from missions. But if you try hard like that go ahead, you are deserve it doing missions. But receive 5 sleep bonus for betray your god are shame.

48 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

Problem: players with low play time are unable to use it and become out of competition too fast.

Causal players who tried to sustain such grind time, tried to get every single rite, are become drained and quit after all. They felt it too hard and in same time they do not want miss it, because it too good, so you become slave of the grind and to stop feeling it you quit.

First time I'm hearing this issue, how about everyone else reading this?

The easiest points against this is:

• Don't need to have used your SB to get full benefit. Plenty of times I've done the prayer with 4 hours of sleep bonus in the bank because I cannot be bothered to grind away the next few hours to get the bonus. Oh well.

As Archaed said, it's such an non issue because there's so many ways to get massive amounts of sleep bonus over a shorter period of time.

He's a priest which is why he can't swap and why he's whining about it.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's why we have to keep stacking abuses, until the game become complete ######. I separated my suggestions. If you wanna talk about something else, some other unfair things make your thread.

1 minute ago, Joemog said:

I have more than one account, remember it? Why we cant stop talk about me, if you guys have nothing to say, why you even talk.

3 minutes ago, Joemog said:

1t48Ord.png

It's an interesting point to raise in relation to priests but not towards normal crafting accounts to be honest, I'd be honestly interested in hearing how we could make it work for priests rather than just nuking the mechanic for players. I could totally see priests getting their alignment nuked for doing the prayer, though that might be too easy and cause issues if the rite for that god and another is casted at the same time.

You guys cant stop off topic flood. That's only thing you can do when some one sayin something that you cant say anything against, you switch to personal attacks. I made suggestions and moved out to other thread because you cant stop talking about me while i'm talk about game problems, I ask you to not refer to me already, if you wanna talk, talk about suggestion. A bunch of trolls ######, not a forum. One ###### his own horse on the picture, another trolling some by his avatar but no one really know what is it, and other rolling around like crazy. I ask you stop trolling, DO NOT TALK TO ME OR ABOUT ME talk about theme instead, does it really hard to understand.

Edited by Nelsy

im sure player switching faiths every week to get sb on every rite isnt something the devs intended people to do but adding another rite on pvp server wouldnt fix that or make people play pvp just to get that.

if you want to solve the "problem" maybe make the cooldown for switching 30 days. but that would be bad for the only players the devs care about so its not happening.

47 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

You guys cant stop off topic flood. That's only thing you can do when some one sayin something that you cant say anything against, you switch to personal attacks. I made suggestions and moved out to other thread because you cant stop talking about me while i'm talk about game problems, I ask you to not refer to me already, if you wanna talk, talk about suggestion. A bunch of trolls ######, not a forum. One ###### his own horse on the picture, another trolling some by his avatar but no one really know what is it, and other rolling around like crazy. I ask you stop trolling, DO NOT TALK TO ME OR ABOUT ME talk about theme instead, does it really hard to understand.

Taking into account all your suggestions over your 24 posts in the last few hours, I believe if they were to cap ALL skills at 20 you would be ok with that? that would level the playing field right? that would make 'bots' worthless right? you going on like you are not a decent account that is much better than an average 'casual' gamer. Now you have done your grind you want to kill it for others, as people start to catch up to you?  you are struggling to compete with the best and this upsets you! 

Edited by Pnutp
  • Like 1

Actually, rites on a server occur about every 120 to 200 days on SFI (bit more often on NFI in the past but that seems to be gone, and they have only 3 servers after all so no reason for envy). It is not easy to predict when a rite will happen, and often rites from different creeds occur relatively simultaneously.

If we take (for better calculation :) ) a median of 130 days between rites on SFI PvE servers that means that 3 rites per creed and 12 rites altogether per server occur each year ideally, or 21 per creed, year, and Freedom cluster. Anyone wanting to adapt his/her rite susceptibility to the next expected rite would have to make tough predictions which almost certainly run into the "you always stand in the wrong queue" phenomenon.

Once more, Nelsy is caught in the frantic attempt to fix the unbroken.

2 hours ago, Joemog said:

I have two equal skilled characters, one priest, the other one are crafter, and the both of them could take Vynora rite on cadence, but this is complete stupid trying to take every single rite, and after time abusing it hard you start to feel it actually annoying and here is no fun and only thing you feel is like you have to do it. Keep talk about me, this is so funny how you actually react on such simple and obvious suggestions. Some guys just say NO, the other ones trolling me and talk about my personality, this is really best you all can do?

Edited by Nelsy

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Actually, rites on a server occur about every 120 to 200 days on SFI (bit more often on NFI in the past but that seems to be gone, and they have only 3 servers after all so no reason for envy). It is not easy to predict when a rite will happen, and often rites from different creeds occur relatively simultaneously.

If we take (for better calculation :) ) a median of 130 days between rites on SFI PvE servers that means that 3 rites per creed and 12 rites altogether per server occur each year ideally, or 21 per creed, year, and Freedom cluster. Anyone wanting to adapt his/her rite susceptibility to the next expected rite would have to make tough predictions which almost certainly run into the "you always stand in the wrong queue" phenomenon.

Once more, Nelsy is caught in the frantic attempt to fix the unbroken.

Your words seems no logic, if you say like it actually the same and there is not much, so why we just not do it cross cluster, so it will be obviously around same frequency but just without stupid sailing and swapping faith, and guys who can't do it for some reasons will have the option now to use it. It easy to count how many rites been on NFI and how many SB abusers could get. 
unknown.png
You should not be genius to count, that actually there been 8 rites in last two months (does not count pvp). So literally on NFI its one per week, and probably at most part because players abuse it and delay to wait faith swap. So I suggest here fair stuff, to make it fair for everyone without such stupid abuses. And it hard to understand why you attacking me here, loke complete no sense. You guys just probably need a target to bite, and you here starving on it since not many new players come here to talk to you. Or you just from one group of community who feel themselves insulted by my words about bot using and you trying to make me feel band in ravage, idk do not know.

If you count, on SFI it been minimum13 rites for last 60 days (because I cant take in count if on one server it casted twice per 60 days) . So again there guys even not bother to delay it, because the rites happens too often. 

So how does it balanced at all, why priests who cant swap or some one who do not want to or have not time to, or feel it disgusting part of gameplay but have to do it, why all these guys have to encounter it? Why PvPers have to jump to PvE to abuse it? You just don't care, you nether bother about anything and only what you doing here are trolling. So go troll some one else.. We are gonna talk here about real suggestions. You trying to pretend like its only affect on me and i'm that bad to even talk about it because of this, but you missing one part, i'm the one who could abuse it, I'm abusing stuff even before some one know about it because I see it strait once it possible to happen, because i'm playing to much and thinking too much about what i can do better, and here is best we can do it just fix this stupid system even if it will affect on guys like me and level my possibilities to grind to some one who have no time, i would be complete fine with it.

Edited by Nelsy

25 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

If your words no logic, if you say like it actually the same and there is not much, so why we just not do it cross cluster, so it will be obviously around same frequency but just without stupid sailing and swapping faith, and guys who can't do it for some reasons will have the option now to use it. It easy to count how many rites been on NFI and how many SB abusers could get. 
unknown.png
You should not be genius to count, that actually there been 8 rites in last two months (does not count pvp). So literally on NFI its one per week, and probably at most part because players abuse it and delay to wait faith swap. So I suggest here fair stuff, to make it fair for everyone without such stupid abuses. And it hard to understand why you attacking me here, loke complete no sense. You guys just probably need a target to bite, and you here starving on it since not many new players come here to talk to you. Or you just from one group of community who feel themselves insulted by my words about bot using and you trying to make me feel band in ravage, idk do not know.

If you count, on SFI it been (because i cant take in count if on one server t casted twice per 60 days) 13 rites for last 60 days. So again there guys even not bother to delay it, because the rites happens too often. 

So how does it balanced at all, why priests who cant swap or some one who do not want to or have not time to, or feel it disgusting part of gameplay but have to do it, why all these guys have to encounter it? Why PvPers have to jump to PvE to abuse it? You just don't care, you nether bother about anything and only what you doig here are trolling. So go troll some one else.. We are gonna talk here about real suggestions. You trying to pretend like its only affect on me and i'm that bad to even talk about it because of this, mission one part, i'm the one who could abuse it, I'm abusing stuff even before some one know about it because I see it strait once it happen, because i'm playing to much and thinking too much about what i can do better, and here is best we can do it just fix this stupid system even if it will affect on guys like me.

You don't have to switch if u dont want to and rites do overlap from times.

2 minutes ago, Trash said:

You don't have to switch if u dont want to and rites do overlap from times.

We talk not only about me, I can decide and I decided to not bother, but its annoying me sometime and there is many people who literally cant because they are main priest on PvE. I can manage to make it possible for me, I can switch deity, turn to crafter, and use my second Vynora priest, but why this is all have to happen to me and others. Its not fair, that's why I bring the suggestion and many others, because I tired from watching on it

7 hours ago, Nelsy said:

You should not be genius to count, that actually there been 8 rites in last two months (does not count pvp). So literally on NFI its one per week, and probably at most part because players abuse it and delay to wait faith swap..

Ok, let us see what I wrote (not only that NFI may slightly differ with more players per single server thus higher pool filling rate):

f we take (for better calculation :) ) a median of 130 days between rites on SFI PvE servers that means that 3 rites per creed and 12 rites altogether per server occur each year ideally, or 21 per creed, year, and Freedom cluster.

12 rites per server and year means 1 rite per month. Remember, the year has 12 months 😎. Where is the contradiction? Also it means, given all rites distributed evenly (which is not the case, by the way), one rite per 4 months and creed.

And well, one could jump creed as a follower, meaning, unless you waste marks (which is very expensive), you have to pray up again, and with Murphy's law in action, miss more rites than you gain. So jumping deities is not a wise wager, even less on SFI with 8 servers where a rite may happen anytime.

So again, -1. Consider that the problem may not be in the game, but in your imagination. Try to be more tolerant, and understand what a sandbox game is about. Happy Wurming.

at least on NFI this really is a problem, just read any forum topic for planing a rite, there is always someone asking them to wait for people to be able to convert from the last one. but it is a very small problem.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

Lol, weird practice, but after all, it is a sandbox game, and when ppl choose to pray their ass off every couple of weeks, their fun 😎. But wasn't there a CD on creed swap? Not sure.

Edit, found it in wiki (follower):

• There is a 7 day cooldown between being converted between religions.
Edited by Ekcin