Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Caffeine effect on cooldown grind based skills

Problems:
For some one who do not miss any cooldown of grind per day caffeine works too good, it literally make skill twice easer to grind than before coffee release. So the coffeine makes the skill grind twice faster for gooldown based skills
But also if we completely disable caffeine for such skills it would means that casual players will have no benefit from caffeine while it supposed to help them to grind and spend their sleep bonus.

Suggestion: If you get cooldown based skill tick under caffeine it will cause your cooldown doubled. So In overall causal players will still have benefit from it, but guys who did not miss any cooldowns will grind with the same speed as before, just with less frequency.

Example: If you meditate with coffee or lockpicking under it, it could cause you twice longer cooldown. So for meditation is 60 minutes instead of 30m and 6 hours instead of 3h after 5 mediations. Same for lockpicking it could make you 20 mins cooldown instead of 10 minutes.

Edited by Nelsy

1 hour ago, Nelsy said:

Example: If you meditate with coffee or lockpicking under it, it could cause you twice longer cooldown. So for meditation is 60 minutes instead of 30m and 6 hours instead of 3h after 5 mediations. Same for lockpicking it could make you 20 mins cooldown instead of 10 minutes.

so casual players who dont have enough time to meditate 5 or 6 times everyday would have even less, people like me would just get twice as much skill. a horrible idea, but after reading the changes they have planned for coffe i bet the devs will love this.

Edited by Tpikol

I don't even use caffeine, except the RL carafe I keep on my desk, but uh... NOPE -1

Nope, -1

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using caffein buff on those skills they are pain in the ass already

On 12/12/2021 at 6:05 AM, Finnn said:

nope

So can you choose, you wanna it harder or easer. Because here you say that meditation have to be twice easer, but in other post you say skills should not be easer. You are such a troll as you all here guys who said NO here when i suggest to do not make cd based skills twice easer, but in other posts say NO to suggestions make skills twice easer..
unknown.png

Edited by Nelsy

I'm curious how many people you've called troll in the past week... that alone is not very tos friendly..

if you wish to be objective.. stick to topic/s and provide some arguments that arent on personal level.

as I have mentioned.. meditation past 70-80 for the major perk and free daily deleport are mostly decorative.. I've never seen anyone complain for pve or pvp or brag for using 90 meditation's ability.. it's usualy just a measurement how invested somebody have been to grind to 90/+ just for the rank.. utility for it is nowhere to be found.. it's just reaching 90... and farming every next rank to show off

I've been 85 meditation for year/s, that should tell you how much I care for it.. do I want to get to 90.. sure.. does it worth the RNG nonsesne to run around for 10 tiles every 30/600 minutes several times a day and dump 10-20 seconds of sleep bonus on it with the lag and bugged action timer that wont end for a long time.. just so I can stop the sb timer? Or every time in addition dump 2kg coffee every 30min if I do not do anything else or grind..

The one have nothing to do with the other... most skills work fine as they are.. a few are weird... meditation just needs to drop rng for skillgains.

What you suggest is WU server 10x skillgain.. you are already playing vanilla with 400 base skillgain with casual resources.. nutrition offers 3-5%, 2.5% from journal, path +25%, faith +10-15%, food temporary affinity +10%, permanent affinity +10-50% more

you already can grind with up to 507.5% skillgain and you ask for a mode with 2x that? Is it really reasonable?

and yes.. you can have 109% coc, not just 100, add 9 more % if you like to that 500+

Mate I know how to grind skills, my meditation close to 90 on NFI. This thread not about teaching noobs how to grind their skills, this thread about coffee made the skill twice easer, which is unfair you agreed in other thread by sayin no to suggestion of making everything twice easer.

7 minutes ago, Finnn said:

and yes.. you can have 109% coc, not just 100, add 9 more % if you like to that 500+

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I'm curious how many people you've called troll in the past week... that alone is not very tos friendly..

if you wish to be objective.. stick to topic/s and provide some arguments that arent on personal level.

as I have mentioned.. meditation past 70-80 for the major perk and free daily deleport are mostly decorative.. I've never seen anyone complain for pve or pvp or brag for using 90 meditation's ability.. it's usualy just a measurement how invested somebody have been to grind to 90/+ just for the rank.. utility for it is nowhere to be found.. it's just reaching 90... and farming every next rank to show off

I've been 85 meditation for year/s, that should tell you how much I care for it.. do I want to get to 90.. sure.. does it worth the RNG nonsesne to run around for 10 tiles every 30/600 minutes several times a day and dump 10-20 seconds of sleep bonus on it with the lag and bugged action timer that wont end for a long time.. just so I can stop the sb timer? Or every time in addition dump 2kg coffee every 30min if I do not do anything else or grind..

The one have nothing to do with the other... most skills work fine as they are.. a few are weird... meditation just needs to drop rng for skillgains.

What you suggest is WU server 10x skillgain.. you are already playing vanilla with 400 base skillgain with casual resources.. nutrition offers 3-5%, 2.5% from journal, path +25%, faith +10-15%, food temporary affinity +10%, permanent affinity +10-50% more

you already can grind with up to 507.5% skillgain and you ask for a mode with 2x that? Is it really reasonable?

Edited by Nelsy

I love how the general consensus is that this is a bad suggestion yet you feel the need to link this thread in the Caffeine Feedback thread AND create a troll post in the Suggestion Forum suggesting basically the exact opposite of this. Great method.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kellen said:

I love how the general consensus is that this is a bad suggestion yet you feel the need to link this thread in the Caffeine Feedback thread AND create a troll post in the Suggestion Forum suggesting basically the exact opposite of this. Great method.

How dare you talk about trolling, posing that #### in suggestion thread. You come to the thread and talk about nothing that reffered to the suggestion.

I talk about trolling here, you can post your poop there also, I know you love it. It represents how people senseless at their poops in forums. So actually this "disagree" means complete nothing. Devs see the idea, and they have their own head on the shoulders.

31 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

How dare you talk about trolling, posing that #### in suggestion thread. You come to the thread and talk about nothing that reffered to the suggestion.

I talk about trolling here, you can post your poop there also, I know you love it. It represents how people senseless at their poops in forums. So actually this "disagree" means complete nothing. Devs see the idea, and they have their own head on the shoulders.

Yeesh, someone deserves a ban.

Also, my post did refer to the suggestion :)

Edited by Kellen