Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Cooking cacao into cocoa beans COMBINES beans and leads to 50% QUANTITY LOSS

Cooked 1120 cacao beans into cocoa beans in 16x ovens with 70 roasting dishes,

So far so good... but when I checked the fsb where I stored the roasted cocoa beans.... I find only half...

For some reason the server bugs and makes them to combine.. and the amount is later cut in half ...

This cuts productions in half. 

Instead of finding 1120 roasted beans in the fsb there are only 560.. this is no bueno

Roasting reduces weight. Fresh ones are 200g and roasted one 100g i think. Tbh don't see reason for this as coffee beans doesn't shrink but thats how it works currently. Took me a while to notice it too, lol

Actually fresh ones are 0.1kg (as cacao beans) and the old cocoa beans are 0.2kg; I imagine this is why they 'combined'

I'd like to see the cacao beans be brought in line with the older cocoa beans rather than the other way around myself

• Like 2

Fresh Cacao beans are 0.10kg. Foraged Cocoa beans from before the change are 0.20kg. Roasting a Cacao bean into a Cocoa bean results in a 0.10kg bean, which, when FSBed, combines into 0.20kg chunks (effectively reducing the amount by half). It's silly, but there is logic behind it.

• Like 2

I agree this should be fixed, if you're trying to produce cocoa liquor when you make the paste, put the paste back into the fsb and it'll split it back to .10kgs amounts. not ideal but a workaround for now.