Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: A Rockin' New Look!

Kiln, Smelter, and Pillar Stone Type (with upcoming changes)  

297 members have voted

  1. 1. Should existing kilns, smelters and pillars automatically switch from stone to their visual type (pottery kiln/smelters and marble pillars) when the changes go live, or should they stay stone and visually change to stone models?

    • All of them should stay stone and change visually to look like stone!
      64
    • All of them should change their material type and stay looking visually the way they already do!
      232


Recommended Posts

OHHHHH ive been waiting for this!!! yess!!!! haha please keep the stuff that is already made the way it is and everything moving forward as it would be. this may also give more value to the "OLD" style stuff as "antiquities" would be interesting to see

So many cool new items, im super excited!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if this would extend to Mission Structures and Colossus Statues?   *Hopes*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

What about an option on existing items pre-patch to change those items to the stone type that we would prefer, or maybe a way to plaster a new look on like paving does to bridges surfaces, prepare the stone item first then apply it like a skin.

This please!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removing caffeine from Meditation is like fixing the 1g sips with out addressing the main issue of caffeine in the first place.  You are doing a knee jerk fix with out addressing the core issues.

 

Caffeine is supposed to benefit those with low play time. Meditation as it works is a horrible skill for those with low play time. If you only have a hour to play, you at most get 2 chances for a tick, and that takes setting alarms.  Yes those that have more time can get all 5 plus the every 3 hours after that and could use caffeine to boost them.  But that is a bigger problem in general if you are trying to balance it, they are still getting more ahead.   

 

So sure leaving someone who plays alot able to get greater benefit from caffeine might suck. It did really help those that don't have alot of time to play. I am back to mostly having a few hours a day to play, though I have been leaving my character online while I do other stuff just to drain water. At most I get 2 or 3 if I remember, I don't set alarms, chances to meditate. If I am lucky I get one meditation tick a day, having left my character sitting to drain their water I have actually seen my Meditation go up enough to have some hope of seeing progress.

 

I just think this change being made with out fixing the underlying main issue is backwards to what you say you want to achieve.  Similar to jumping on fixing the 1g sip before addressing the underlying issue before.   Please consider not implementing this and fixing Meditation being a PITA to level, especially for those with low play time, than knee jerking a response.  

 

Or maybe make it so sleep bonus only works on the first meditation skill tick gained for the day. Or make it drain all 2 minutes of sleep bonus after meditating. Anything is better than just sayin, No skill for you!

 

Just my two cents. 

 

Other than that amazing patch! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fine with whatever as long as my legacy forges and ovens are Not Messed With.  I need those for the museum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

Removing caffeine from Meditation is like fixing the 1g sips with out addressing the main issue of caffeine in the first place.  You are doing a knee jerk fix with out addressing the core issues.

 

Caffeine is supposed to benefit those with low play time. Meditation as it works is a horrible skill for those with low play time. If you only have a hour to play, you at most get 2 chances for a tick, and that takes setting alarms.  Yes those that have more time can get all 5 plus the every 3 hours after that and could use caffeine to boost them.  But that is a bigger problem in general if you are trying to balance it, they are still getting more ahead.   

 

So sure leaving someone who plays alot able to get greater benefit from caffeine might suck. It did really help those that don't have alot of time to play. I am back to mostly having a few hours a day to play, though I have been leaving my character online while I do other stuff just to drain water. At most I get 2 or 3 if I remember, I don't set alarms, chances to meditate. If I am lucky I get one meditation tick a day, having left my character sitting to drain their water I have actually seen my Meditation go up enough to have some hope of seeing progress.

 

I just think this change being made with out fixing the underlying main issue is backwards to what you say you want to achieve.  Similar to jumping on fixing the 1g sip before addressing the underlying issue before.   Please consider not implementing this and fixing Meditation being a PITA to level, especially for those with low play time, than knee jerking a response.  

 

Or maybe make it so sleep bonus only works on the first meditation skill tick gained for the day. Or make it drain all 2 minutes of sleep bonus after meditating. Anything is better than just sayin, No skill for you!

 

Just my two cents. 

 

Other than that amazing patch! 

 

That feedback would be better on the post I linked, related to caffeine :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DemonaNightshade said:

 

That feedback would be better on the post I linked, related to caffeine :)

Fair enough. I'll copy it over there. 

 

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

Fair enough. I'll copy it over there. 

 

Thanks! 

Keeps it all in one place and easier for the devs working on the caffeine project to see 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, does this mean my legacy "stone forge" is going to lose that legacy name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet.

Will pottery items require pottery skill or masonry still? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it would be nice to extend the textures to the colossus.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Finnn said:

marble libila? hmm

Marble colossi? No. That would drain the marble resources completely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Marble colossi? No. That would drain the marble resources completely.

 

unless they revamped them into clusters instead of making them as rare or rarer than ore veins

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean the last brick added will determine the type like wood types do?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure how things work, but try not to create more legacy. Whats done is done. Next time if there are other updates in the future, people in 2031 for example gonna ask what happen to the 2021 legacy, and the 50kg large anrvil legacy(not sure of the year) before the 2021 legacy. Better to make the ideas and coding nice and simple. So the vote contain no legacy creation this time will have my vote. But if u like complicated, i think SFI people like legacy more than NFI in general, so i guess this is one of the reason why they stay on SFI rather than NFI when it started. Make SFI has legacy this time but dont make NFI has legacy, this create variation for people. Then the people can decide themselves which servers they want to play. This idea is so sandbox🤭.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bigtree said:

Does this mean the last brick added will determine the type like wood types do?

More likely that they are different crafting recipes, like making house walls. You decide from the start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Archaed said:

More likely that they are different crafting recipes, like making house walls. You decide from the start

That was my understanding. And of marble walls I know, the higher ql ones in particular have only a few thousand hits. And 5 colossi would even eat up a max hits marble wall entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this