Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: A Rockin' New Look!

Kiln, Smelter, and Pillar Stone Type (with upcoming changes)  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Should existing kilns, smelters and pillars automatically switch from stone to their visual type (pottery kiln/smelters and marble pillars) when the changes go live, or should they stay stone and visually change to stone models?

• All of them should stay stone and change visually to look like stone!
    • All of them should change their material type and stay looking visually the way they already do!

Loving the new options! 💖 I would definitely like to keep the existing items as they are though.

19 hours ago, bigtree said:

Does this mean the last brick added will determine the type like wood types do?

I was wondering this myself. Because if that's the case a marble colossus wouldn't hurt a thing.

I love it! \o/ Thank you so much!!! And don't mind me... I will be hoping it will one day involve marble planters, marble tables and statues too... :P So they easier match with the houses ^^ ❤️ Thanks a million for the current ones, though! ^^ ❤️ 

17 hours ago, Ekcin said:

That was my understanding. And of marble walls I know, the higher ql ones in particular have only a few thousand hits. And 5 colossi would even eat up a max hits marble wall entirely.

Marble veins are like any other vein, they can go up to 10k and can be created by caveins and rods. 

The game seeks to have roughly the same. Amount of veins in existence at all times, so they won't be removed at all

Not to veer off topic, but your new profile pic is.. um.. something else, Archaed

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 10:08 PM, Kementari said:

Will this apply to the column in the middle of spiral staircases too?

I would very much like this option!

• Like 2

My prayers have been heard! ❤️

Thank you soooooo much !!! 😃

• Like 3

Are we going to be able to make baking stones and mortar and pestle, grindstone, whetstone out of things other than marble/stone with this update as well?

Edited by Blacklotus
  • Like 1

I was just thinking, it would be great to make pillars for the other types too, since these can be used to cover up some of the weird Z-fighting that sometimes happens on building corners. In general, they'd be fun to decorate with too. :D

• Like 1

I think that since many people worked with the existing look then in general that should be the default BUT there should be some kind of mechanism to allow people to select what they want.  

Maybe a one-time deal where a brick of the chosen type can be added.  As great as this is, don't make people choose between the item that they have invested much in and an item in the material they would have chosen but only in a "basic" version.

Nice, rock working just like wood will allow for so many new options, really looking forward to that update.

I'd also love to see new rock types after this, for example different colors of marble (as there are plenty besides white).

Amazing Stuff. 

A Question I have in mind ; How Are different items gone be imped Example a Marble Forge will need Marble Shards? or any type of Shards?.( Like in the concept of wooden items you can use any type of log to imp any carpentry stuff)

Also another one Is the item  determined by last Brick type attached? or it should be chosen from the start and can only be made via the same Brick type?

Edited by MoTeC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fearil said:

I was just thinking, it would be great to make pillars for the other types too, since these can be used to cover up some of the weird Z-fighting that sometimes happens on building corners. In general, they'd be fun to decorate with too. :D

Good point - although many of those issues can be solved by flipping one of the walls around.

Love this update!

But could you add this all to gravel roads as well? I'd like a sandstone version of it!

• Like 2

On 12/14/2021 at 2:02 PM, MoTeC said:

Amazing Stuff. 

A Question I have in mind ; How Are different items gone be imped Example a Marble Forge will need Marble Shards? or any type of Shards?.( Like in the concept of wooden items you can use any type of log to imp any carpentry stuff)

Also another one Is the item  determined by last Brick type attached? or it should be chosen from the start and can only be made via the same Brick type?

Like other items, the material determines what you use to improve it. Stone (included rounded & rendered) requires normal stone shards and chisel, marble requires marble shards and chisel, and so on. The pottery variants will require clay and a chisel.

When creating them, it works more like metal items, with completely separate crafting recipes, rather than switching depending on what was added last.

• Like 3

Question - are guard towers included with the stone type changes?

• Like 2

As much as I love having the ability to diversify items and materials, I would honestly wish Epic would get some mention in these updates. Epic forums are as dead as the servers themselves (well Serenity is doing semi - ok from what I have heard, but 1 server in 4 doing ok isn't the best indicator for an entire cluster). Just some idea what to expect from Epic in 2022. Should I bother paying for upkeep there? 

• Like 1

I love the rendered look but it baffles me why I cannot just slap clay on the items I have now. I just had my mailbox enchanted and I do not want to do that again it has a dang good cast.. under 30 second delivery time.. Could the Devs make it so we do not have to REbuild these items please. 

Are marble forges to be a thing at some point or these were disqualified?

16 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Are marble forges to be a thing at some point or these were disqualified?

From patch notes yesterday: Not all materials can be used with all items. For example: forges, kilns, ovens, and smelters cannot be marble.

Sorry if I misunderstood and you are asking if that will change in future, which is another kettle of fish entirely :)

Edited by Tilda

Wanna ask about rendered new items: why we cannot make them in same way like other old stuff - first make stone version then cover by clay?