Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: A Rockin' New Look!

Kiln, Smelter, and Pillar Stone Type (with upcoming changes)  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Should existing kilns, smelters and pillars automatically switch from stone to their visual type (pottery kiln/smelters and marble pillars) when the changes go live, or should they stay stone and visually change to stone models?

• All of them should stay stone and change visually to look like stone!
    • All of them should change their material type and stay looking visually the way they already do!

VI_december_rockin_new_look.png

Hello, Wurmians, and welcome to another issue of the Valrei International! This is another one that will be a bit light on news, but still a very exciting one for me because I finally get to tell you all about something I’ve had a hard time keeping quiet about!

Some time ago we re-introduced wood types influencing the look of the item. This brought a whole new array of decorative possibilities for Wurmians everywhere. Obviously, the next step would be to make stone type influence the look of things, too!

The list so far includes: Stone altars, benches, brazier pillars, coffins, fireplaces, forges, all fountains, graves, kilns, ovens, smelters, spirit castles and cottages, and wells!

WurmForumDivider_Fancy_Top.png

mailboxes.png

WurmForumDivider_Plain.png

With all of these new possibilities, you’ll really be able to decorate with detail and bring out your own personal style in any deed or structure... and finally, a use for all of those rare bricks that couldn’t be used before!

kitchen_pottery.png

Add to the ambiance of your pizza kitchen with real pottery brick ovens and fireplaces!

fountains.png

Beautify your gardens and outdoor areas with your own personal style!

Now, please keep in mind that before these end up live there may be a few changes to the look of some items. They are still a bit of a work in progress, and Saroman has been working so very hard to make sure these look wonderful by the time they reach the live servers!

WurmForumDivider_Fancy_Bottom.png

With all of these new stone types, there will be some changes to items that already exist. Some items such as pillars are made of regular stone bricks but have the look of marble. Kilns and smelters made of stone bricks currently have a pottery brick look to them as well. We’d like some public feedback on whether you guys would prefer us to automatically change existing smelters/kilns to pottery ones and pillars to marble ones when this update goes live, or have them stay stone and change visually to the new stone versions.

2smelters_pillars.png

Please cast your vote in the poll at the top of this post for feedback on pillars, kilns, and smelters! I would also like to leave a link to a post concerning some more fine tuning of caffeine that needs some feedback as well.

community_hosted_events.png

We have two community hosted events this month, both on the Southern Isles.

The Annual Lunalong hosted by Dracaa started today and runs until the 20th on Xanadu.

And the second annual Meadhalla 2: Mead Harder will be hosted by Stanlee on the 18th of December on Release!

That's it for December's Valrei International! Wishing you all a very happy holiday season from the entire Wurm Online team ❤️

• Like 50

Oh my! ❤️ 

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 4

*dances* yes!!!!!

And please keep them pottery. My two rare kilns would not be as nice stone.

• Like 3

Yeah, keep model. My pillars are all designed to pair with my marble buildings. (also parapet corners please while you're at it, if you can rotate them)

Edited by LionIX
  • Like 1

What about an option on existing items pre-patch to change those items to the stone type that we would prefer, or maybe a way to plaster a new look on like paving does to bridges surfaces, prepare the stone item first then apply it like a skin.

• Like 7

So we'll finally get some use of all the sadstone shards everyone's been hoarding since day one?

Would be nice to get rid of my 40K I got stored somewhere. :D

Thorin :) 

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

If only there was a rune that could capture rarity from an old stone forge and transfer it to a new slate or brick forge ;)

• Like 1

would be better just to have a one time option per unit to change the material for a certain cost of bricks etc....

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Please cast your vote in the poll at the top of this post for feedback on pillars, kilns, and smelters! I would also like to leave a link to a post concerning some more fine tuning of caffeine that needs some feedback as well.

Thank you so much for using the polling system and getting player feedback before jumping the gun and making a decision yourselves. Huge props, and I hope to see more of that!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VirusMD said:

would be better just to have a one time option per unit to change the material for a certain cost of bricks etc....

ya keep the type, and add the above. best overall solution. could even tweak the above for only existing units depending on how the Dev's want to play that particular part. :P 

• Like 2

Ohhh Very nice and exciting! More options, more choices..more decisions must be made!

Thank you to everyone involved for the update! :)

• Like 2

Will this apply to the column in the middle of spiral staircases too?

• Like 6

me, no read op yet, me like instead, gud pics, great content

10/10 xmas 2021

I think I did well with that reply :)

I would love if this included forges as well because a supreme marble forge would just look awesome :D. Worst case you can call it cermaic forges ^^.

1 hour ago, Blacklotus said:

What about an option on existing items pre-patch to change those items to the stone type that we would prefer, or maybe a way to plaster a new look on like paving does to bridges surfaces, prepare the stone item first then apply it like a skin.

I love this, but please please please we need at least a temporary 30 day window option to convert our old (rare, supreme, fantastic, runed, enchanted, blah blah blah) items. I love this update, I fully support this update, but please let me keep my beloved items moving forward with this update.

• Like 3