Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Log a player renaming a coin, and the new name

I think it would be a prudent move for Wurm to start to log / record the name of a player and the time stamp when they rename a coin along with the new name of the coin.  This would be output to log file.

This is a sensitive topic, and I am not going to refer to any specifics, but running a market as I do, I am dismayed by some of the messages I am seeing especially on small value coins in loose change.  It's a small minority of players doing this I believe, but I think something needs to be done to make players accountable for what is essentially spreading hateful comments about fellow players.

Please don't post any examples here.  

The moderator is free to close this thread, as I think I have basically covered the subject. 

• Like 5

I can't say I've ever seen an offensive one in all honesty. 

Some examples would actually help your case here 

I would recommend to report each offensive one in a ticket. I am not aware whether and how renames are or may be logged server wise but am sure they can (as renames are effective on server level). The GM and devs may then decide whether to set up additional controls or, if that is not even necessary as the instruments are there already (which I suspect) just punish the offender.

• Like 1

Yes please. We don't allow rude or insulting player names, items like boats and such, and chat is monitored for rule breaking etc, yet it seems a free for all in naming coins. 

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 3

Agreed. I've seen quite a few nasty comments and accusations on coins. Obviously, the guilty parties will just move onto an alt, but make it harder for them. 

11 hours ago, Archaed said:

I can't say I've ever seen an offensive one in all honesty. 

Some examples would actually help your case here 

I found one that said something to the effect of "hitler for prez" that was pretty messed up, also found ones that were overly sexual in nature as well.

It is clear that the naming rules

Naming of accounts, deeds, or items 
A ) You may not use any name that conflicts with the Wurm Online chat rules

apply to coins as well as to any other item. Offensive naming should be reported. I am fairly sure that the GM are able to track down the offender.

• Like 1