Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Meadhalla 2: Mead Harder

With apologies to the Lunalong,

DPmWIxa.png

That's right! Meadhalla 2 has rolled around!

"but Stan didn't you say it was the last sunday of febr-" yes, yes I did.

But here's what happened: Meadhalla was originally designed to go toe-to-toe with Blue Monday, a social event squaring off with "the most depressing day of the year."

But it took me far too long, or the idea became a thing far too late, to get ready in time.

Then, turns out, Blue Monday was invented to sell airline tickets. Yeah.

So I'm putting this year's on one of the hardest times of the year for me personally, and many others who are so Seasonally Affected.

Yes, I'm fully aware of a multitude of studies that pin early summer as "most depressing" but I feel those studies have too narrow a focus. I'd say more to slag them off, but then I'd have to post a content warning so that's not going here.

Also I got 100 Channeling so this doubles as my celebration of that.

For those who missed the last Meadhalla, it's a social event on the Southern Freedom Isles that lasts a few hours. By social event, I mean no prizes of value, no imping. We're there to chat, play silly games and whatever else our whimsical hearts desire (if your heart desires imping, then there's no stopping you).

Last year I asked you to bring Cheesy Puns and items for a Show-And-Tell. This year is a little different.

First, I'd like you to bring headgear dyed your favourite colour. Cloth hood is recommended, great helmet works too, no restrictions here so if you find something that works better, strut it! If you're taking part in the Team Game listed below, I'd also ask you go for your team's colour. Maybe bring a spare if your team doesn't make it and you want to flaunt another colour.

Second, I'm going to ask for one of two things. Either one, you donate to a mental health charity of choice. Personally, I'm going to recommend either the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention or Papyrus UK. If you can't, or simply don't want to donate to them, then instead I ask this: reach out to someone you know. Ideally, someone you haven't talked to in a while. Talk to them, ask them how they're doing and really listen to their answer. None of this will ever be checked or even asked about, so I'm working on the honour system here.

Last year's obstacle course is still there. Old mead has been mixed with new mead to preserve flavour. Pheasant pen is there for those who want the "catapult a creature" journal task, as well as many other things featured last year. My optical illusion as featured on Creative Constructs is there, but keep in mind light sources do break the illusion.

And now, for this year's main event:

FABRICANT! 🦈

Long have you doled out MIRTH and JOY with your task-masteries!

NO LONGER says I!

I have stolen your FORMAT!

I have stolen your ASSISTANT!

I have stolen your TASK-MASTERY CHAIR!

And if you want ANY HOPE of getting them back,

You will assemble a team with TWO of your friends and,

You will take part, and win, the STAN-LED TASKMASTER GAME!

But you - yes you, dear reader, can also take part!

Simply fill out the form below and be entered to TAKE PART!

We'll probably have a team elimination if there's too many so look forward to that too.

But know this!

Your team must:

1. Have three people. No more, no less, three is the number of counting.

2. Have a Team Leader. They are who you will look to. Your Team Leader must be willing and able to use Discord and its Voice Chat

3. Have a team colour, ideally one no other team is using!

4. Bring at least 0.5kg of your team colour's dye. This will only be taken from teams who make it to Taskmaster.

5. Fill out the form below (remove the Example) and post it in this thread

And your team will be Entered for the EVENT!

Edit: On the day, it would be wise to take a full complement of tools.

Note that is is not the only event at Meadhalla, and those who do not wish to take part or are not part of a team are more than welcome, there'll be other things going on there too!

Team application form

Spoiler

My team name: Team Awesome

Team leader: Stanlee

Teammates: Bakhita, Fraskesa

Team colour: Mexican Pink

All this and, would you believe it - more, at Meadhalla, J10 Release. 18th of December. We're on the highway network!

timer_E1639850404.svg

Edited by Stanlee
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, Stanlee said:

FABRICANT! 🦈

I have stolen your ASSISTANT!

And if you want ANY HOPE of getting them back,

Please don't give him a reason to throw this and finally get rid of me, Fabricant keeps my stupid ideas in check

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stanlee said:

So I'm putting this year's on one of the hardest times of the year for me personally, and many others who are so Seasonally Affected.

As someone that knows the exact number of days remaining until the Winter Solstice each year (12 and a half days at the moment, tyvm) and feels this in her bones - thank you for a thing to anticipate.  And thank you for opening up about that, you are not alone.

First, I'd like you to bring headgear dyed your favourite colour.

...did someone say dyed headgear?!

Second, I'm going to ask for one of two things. Either one, you donate to a mental health charity of choice

Excellent idea - and done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

what type of blood does this unique give the thread is a bit confusing for me

Mead-drinking affinity. duh.

• Like 3

We Would very much like to submit a Team for the shinanigans game!!

My team name:
 Team Awesome

Team leader: Fraskesa/Lunea (Not decided yet)

Teammates: Lunea, Fraskesa, Rosek

Team colour: Teal Green (Kesa Green)

Now we hope to be able to live up to the name! :D Looking forward to the fun!

Edited by Fraskesa
  • Like 3