Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Add Groups to Oven

I have just suffered through 64L of boiling water's worth of spearmint tea.

If anything was going to make me ragequit the game, it is the moving-target interface for the Oven when grinding Cooking.

It's quite obvious now why people 'panfill' backpacks to throw in a forge for HFC - even RL cooking is easier than this.

It literally makes my eyes hurt trying to drag and drop to the correct section of the screen, trying to hit a moving target, for an hour

I have much more sympathy now for people with dyslexia, because this it how I imagine reading is under normal circumstances for them.

And btw, what sadist decided that a single herb in a pottery bowl can cook itself into a breakfast? 😈

I'm sure there's lots of potentially fancy UI graphics that could be programmed to address this, but they aren't necessary.

Please, just add the Group system used in Inventory, with its optional sub-windows, to the Oven - no-one who doesn't want to use groups is going to be massively impacted by losing 1 line of text-space at the top of the container window.

A computer may be able to easily handle a list that's constantly changing length, but it doesn't have to read rendered text on a screen to do so, or use point and click to drag and drop.

Have mercy!

P.S. If you are not a masochist, stick to using a fruit press to grind beverages. The beverage ticks for oven-use compared to a CoC fruit press were not worth the effort of the complexity.

P.P.S. It may not be worth it for Beverages grind, but a compartment-able Oven would be a boon for all cookery.

This suggestion doesn't address the issue you've raised. Why not put the bowls in another container and work in smaller batches there before moving them to an oven? Most panfillers dno't fill in the oven directly. 

Put 12 bowls in a small amphora, work with those 12 at a time, you'll feel better if that's your goal.

-1 it's a poor suggestion that doesn't solve anything and only adds to extra confusion and clicking

I don’t think it’s possible but if forges and other containers had inventory groups I’d be a happy man as I get confused easy

@ArchaedI was only working with 6 bowls! Why should I have to surround myself with 4 lit ovens just to get 4 separate furnace heated windows to work with? And in case you have been playing Wurm too long to notice, throwing backpacks of pre-filled frying pans into a forge is a symptom of an unworkable interface, not a selling point of game. Unless I am trying to use sleep bonus for the least amount of time, it should not be better to pan-fill dozens of containers in advance than to stand in front of a lit oven and cook stuff, the way a Wurm smith can work at a single lit forge all day.

If you do not bowl filling on several ovens you won't get very far. The difference between cooking one by one without SB and filling many before cooking, then with full SB and food affi, is dramatic.

I use 270 bowls in 6 ovens for bevs grind. Beyond skill 70, before coffee and cacao beans processing, the only way to raise the skill reasonably was peppermint tea, 2 chopped herbs, mint and sage, with water, then get drunk and light the ovens, then switch on SB. This gave at least 0.20 to 0.30 skill in the 90s.

Roasting coffee and cacao beans, and cooking cocoa paste make all ways easier. And for endgame there is xocolatl now (dif 91), similar ordeal as good ole peppermint tea, only no need to get drunk anymore :) .

Edit: Against herbs turning into breakfast, fill water in first.

Edited by Ekcin

And here I thought Wurm Online was about so much more than being a mere non-macroing macroer. Thank you for clarifying that anything other than what a bot would do for maximum mindless efficacy in competing for a top spot on the 3rd-party software leader-board, is an unacceptable gameplay style unworthy of development consideration.

• Like 2