Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Let us enable an auto-sip function for coffee before timer expires

One of the key things about the coffee update is the caffeine timer which is strictly related to ql. 

Let's say for the sake of example, we know that a 50 ql kahvesi has a 15 minute timer. It can be cumbersome to remember to drink precisely before the timer expires, especially if you manage to hit 100 coffee power. Maybe someone texted you or called you and suddenly that great 100 power effect disappeared while you were afk. Or maybe you just got unlucky and your wifi dc'd you and you didn't manage to take one sip to reset the timer. 

I propose we have a command or a profile option to automatically take a sip of coffee from the water skin (or any container) when the timer goes <60 seconds. We have a similar option for Sleep bonus, where it automatically toggles off after 5 minutes of inactivity if it's checked. 

Basically this system would reduce the stress of min-maxing your timer if something comes up. Maybe a player messaged you about a bug or a question related to your deed and you forgot to reset the timer. Poof. 2 kg of coffee wasted. 

It's an elegant solution to keep the buff active without having to micromanage another layer of Wurm on top of other mechanics. 

And it would be a toggled option so no one is forced to actually use it if they don't want to. 

* currently nutty 'addicting' behavior is:

* inability to drink at full thirst bar

* inability to reach max caffeinated state, with given +/- for that state, problem is the impossible management of picking what you want to use 1.3 to 2.x, you get served what you can drink... poor implementation for having a choice

* once you're at whatever caffeinated state, and there's a timer of lets say 27minutes.. you're in stress mode.. you have to constantly EYEBALL that timer, if you miss drinking your next dose to maintain the state, you lose power and bonus rank or multiplier for sb burn and skillgain, further weird behavior is to have T H R E E seconds between 10 power loss on your caffeine state once the 27minutes end, you just crash a plane and burn, if you are unable to maintain and raise the ranks again, your day is done, grind is gone, your game for the day is over, or wait, you can run a second premium account and client and puke "helpful", I don't know.. something about that seems really off as planning and flexibility for actions.

whole concept is pretty twitchy, irritating, stress inducing, or maniacal about timers, nerve pulling and running extra game copies and accounts to make use of the else simple boost mechanic

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Finnn said:

whole concept is pretty twitchy, irritating, stress inducing, or maniacal about timers,

As someone who had 4 timers all at once to maximize gains , I feel an extra one really is a drag. I had lockpicking, meditation, puppeteering & grooming timer on (to grind AH) 

Yeah it is an anxiety inducing situation to make sure the coffee timer is refreshed. Personally I wish for this autosip function so it gives us a measure of relaxation. 

• Like 1

How is this something difficult to manage? 

Also lol at caffeine making you jittery and anxious. 

I suggest drinking less, don't need to RP RL 

Edited by Archaed

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

Also lol at caffeine making you jittery and anxious. 

The knowledge of constantly looking at the timer to see when it expires induces a mild state of anxiety because of the current mechanics. You need to bring your character to the point of dying of thirst to drink coffee to get to 100 power. (either by afking or just constantly spamming sips when water reaches 97%, which let's face it...it's fun as a funeral). 

This would simply be a mechanic to avoid that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elentari said:

The knowledge of constantly looking at the timer to see when it expires induces a mild state of anxiety because of the current mechanics. You need to bring your character to the point of dying of thirst to drink coffee to get to 100 power. (either by afking or just constantly spamming sips when water reaches 97%, which let's face it...it's fun as a funeral). 

This would simply be a mechanic to avoid that. 

+1

Same could be said for any aspect of the game, not that hard to drink coffee from time to time, I manage it and I have the attention span of a goldfish 

Actually I am setting timers on my mobile for issues like cafffeine, meditation, or something cooking in the RL kitchen ;). There is even a timer ingame.

I'd love to hear how somebody imagines to drink 2kg liquid every 30 minutes to boost to 2x skillgain for meditation

imagine you meditate, go do w/e IRL, you're afk ingame.. your buff expires.. you're incapable to regain 2x caff buff... and that's it..

"flexible"... "not twitchy", not roping you to a timer or the game for scheduled checks and actions... it's a bot simulator..

Edited by Finnn
forgot "" on flexible

Revitaziling this thread. Would love to see something happen in this direction. 

Last night I had to do some house chores and when I came back to the PC the coffee power went from 100 to 15, I missed the window of opportunity to refresh the sip. 

Edited by elentari

The planned changes will fix that, this thread isn't necessary