Sign in to follow this  
VelvetSun

Tile collapses on tiles that are reinforced

I am having an issue with tiles collapsing in our tunnel

All tiles are reinforced, walls and floors

Most that collapse are against the walls and one was out in the center

So far it has only happened on tiles off deed, but will let you know if any happen on deed

If this is something that is supposed to happen then all tunnels are at risk and that doesn't seem right

Sun 💜

Edited by VelvetSun

of course all tunnels are at risk, reinforcing walls reduces the risks but its never supposed to be 0%

Edit : or maybe it is intented to be 0% but then it never worked as intended.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

as tpikol said , reinforcing will never totally mitigate against it , only reduce the chance significantly , ie you can have a tile collapes on your underground house , but not often. and paving will not stop collapses either , when you mine out the collapse tile the reinforcemtn will reappear

On 12/2/2021 at 7:31 PM, Reflekted said:

as tpikol said , reinforcing will never totally mitigate against it , only reduce the chance significantly , ie you can have a tile collapes on your underground house , but not often. and paving will not stop collapses either , when you mine out the collapse tile the reinforcemtn will reappear

The last statement is not true, thus I suspect that these collapses are something different. I observed three times during the last months that a newly caved in stone tile appeared in different tunnels, two of them in Xanadu, one in Pristine, where I was sure in all cases that the walls were reinforced before. I mined them out, and found the tile behind a stone tile which I reinforced.

The problem rather seems to be that reinforced tiles randomly though very seldom turn plain again. Whether the cavein happens immediately with this event, or in the longer term as a side effect, I do not know. If a previously reinforced tile turns stone it may go unrecognized for quite a time.

Edited by Ekcin

Also only tiles adjacent to walls are about to collapse, the collapse code *should* allow to collapse a tile only where there is a stone wall adjacent to it. More likely the tile in the empty space was strongwalled by a Mag priest.

Edited by Jaz

I observed the same issue again today, in a narrow tunnel leading to a mountaintop. There were two tiles collapsed, and after mining out I found the wall next to one of them having turned to not reinforced stone. I am absolutely sure that this section has been reinforced before.

Edit: This tunnel to a mountaintop deed of our alliance is rarely used, so I assume that the second cavein just was a consequence of the first one close to the reinforced wall that turned to stone.

It does not seem that the caveins are one of the very rare events where a tile caves in though everything is reinforced or resource. Rather, it seems to be a bug turning reinforced tiles into stone, the following caveins being just effects of a stone wall.

Edited by Ekcin

yeah reinforcements don't 100% block collapses, only highways and buildings 100% block. very noticeable on chaos where there's plenty of 100+ tile reinforced tunnels to decade old deeds nobody goes to anymore that you often have to knock out half a dozen rock tiles to and the tiles to the side of the one you mined are both reinforced afterwards

bit stupid but eh rolf things

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

6 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

yeah reinforcements don't 100% block collapses, only highways and buildings 100% block. very noticeable on chaos where there's plenty of 100+ tile reinforced tunnels to decade old deeds nobody goes to anymore that you often have to knock out half a dozen rock tiles to and the tiles to the side of the one you mined are both reinforced afterwards

bit stupid but eh rolf things

Yes ok, that is a known phenomenon. When I first left Glittershore with a newly built boat I also had to knock a few rock (at that time not yet stone) tiles, but the reinforced walls on the sides were still intact.

This thing is different. There is a stone cavein, but the tile on the side is stone too. I cannot say whether the cavein and the un-reinforcing occurred simultaneously, or the wall tile first went stone, and the cavein happened later. But anyway that is a different thing, and a bug.

What is happening in the tunnels we made is the reinforcements are disappearing on their own, and once that happens then collapses happen in those areas

I am sure this is not supposed to be happening :/

Sun 💜