Sign in to follow this  
Fraskesa

Coffee halves your skill when fatigue is low while SB is active

Using Coffee as a booster for SB drains fatigue faster. At 100 coffe power that is 4 times fatigue usage, but you get the sweet benefit of faster skillgains. That is beautiful.

There has been a lot of bugs reported and a lot of both positive and negative talk.

I have been a happy user of the coffee update ever since and following it's progress.

After using it to grind pottery yesterday (November 29th 2021) I was curious as my skillgains sudddenly dropped drastically while my coffee was still at 100 power and my SB was on.

I couldn't figure out why until I meditated [21:03:14] Meditating increased by 0,0586 to 70,6170

That was about the half of what I had gotten some while earlier  [15:31:12] Meditating increased by 0,1195 to 70,5584

So I asked in CA Help if anyone knew why:

[21:13:27] <Fraskesa> Is there any reason why I suddenly get half sized ticks from usual? [15:31:12] Meditating increased by 0,1195 to 70,5584 vs. [21:03:14] Meditating increased by 0,0586 to 70,6170, when I have same buff

at that time I had the following fatigue 
/fatigue
[21:22:19] You have 29 minutes left.

I was not diseased, I was positive to have the same power coffee and SB and affinity meals on. But decided to test it again today (November 30th 2021).

I logged in to get the full coffee power to 100

[00:57:18] Meditating increased by 0,1098 to 70,8198
/fatigue
[00:57:50] You have 4 hours and 25 minutes left.

Then I went out and digged my fatigue away to test my theory 
[02:16:55] Meditating increased by 0,0577 to 70,8775
/fatigue
[02:17:20] You have 55 minutes left.

So apparently while using the coffee buff brings faster skillgain at the cost of SB and fatigue, it halves when the fatigue is low and removes the advantage of the buff. It has not been mentioned at any time as far as I can see.
The fix as I see it, is that the buff is equally as effective at 12h fatigue as it is at 12 minute fatigue.

Thanks for reading!

caffeine disables itself when you drop under 1 hour of fatigue left, has an event message for it. drinking another thing of caffeine re-enables it iirc

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Oh right this one? 
[02:09:19] The influence of caffeine vanishes as your fatigue overpowers you.

But I did drink after that and the buff was active still as I started meditation.