Sign in to follow this  
Rishy

Ladder bug of death

Climbing multiple ladders (=floor openings) in succession can cause one to fall to the ground floor, occasionally breaking a bone or two.

Reproducing the bug is very simple; take a tower consisting of floor openings and start climbing the ladders up. Moving (WASD) is not required.

I have seemed it easy to reproduce by means of the default action (F) though it would surprise me if it does not occur with the traditional right click -> climb up, or by a manual keybind to another key. The procedure requires quite accurate timing, though with enough practice you will be able to suicide an alt in under a minute, see the video below:

https://i.imgur.com/gg1qdin.mp4

Interestingly the corpse spawns on the third floor:

Spoiler

Screenshot-20211130-174855.png

Note: Damage does not occur on every tile for some reason, but is common enough to be slightly aggravating.

• Cat 1

Hello! Thank you for reporting this.

To help in investigations, could you provide information on which server and date/time was this video created? Thanks!

Hi Radia,

The server it was tested on is Independence, we haven't tried other servers yet.

The date and time this video was recorded was yesterday (30 nov 2021, 5pm server time).