Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 30-Nov-2021

• Bugfix: Hay stacks and hay bundles will no longer be selected for item creation missions.
  • Bugfix: Fixed event spam for crossing border when on land vehicle.
  • New: Added several new 100 skill titles
    • 100 Channeling – Congratulations Stanlee!
    • 100 Hatchet – Congratulations, Trash!
    • 100 Shields – Congratulations, Neowyn!
    • 100 Large Wooden Shield – Congratulations, Silakka!
    • 100 Medium Wooden Shield – Congratulations, Silakka!
    • 100 Small Wooden Shield – Congratulations, Silakka!
    • 100 Medium Metal Shield – Congratulations, Silakka!
    • 100 Small Metal Shield – Congratulations, Silakka!
  • Like 2

100 Channeling – Congratulations Stanlee!

i know player who do that befor stanlee so not sure why congratulate !

100 channeling

Edited by Pika
add link to news about first in chaneling

2 hours ago, Pika said:

100 channeling

That account is permanently banned along with the user I.P being banned soooo I doubt that counts now.

Still no resolution for over the top nerfs? Like insane water filling by coffee drinks, and placing certain items on one tile?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pika said:

100 channeling

You knew a player who did it before; but that player cheated, likely in more than one way 

As has been stated elsewhere, the channeling title was not awarded to Kgorski, after he was found to be cheating and permanantly banned.  Please stop posting baseless conspiracy theories.

Pandalet (LFM)

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Still no resolution for over the top nerfs? Like insane water filling by coffee drinks, and placing certain items on one tile?

Caffeine is getting a rework. Details are almost ready to post publicly, but I've said it will include bypassing water.

I don't consider fixing an exploit to be a "nerf". One-per-tile items are, as the name implies, one-per-tile. We've removed several decorations from this category in a previous update.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

Caffeine is getting a rework. Details are almost ready to post publicly, but I've said it will include bypassing water.

Not nuking caffeine so a more active player can also partake in the mechanic if they wish to destroy their SB? I will pray

6 hours ago, Keenan said:

I don't consider fixing an exploit to be a "nerf". One-per-tile items are, as the name implies, one-per-tile. We've removed several decorations from this category in a previous update.

First, thanks for the response, and I welcome your work on caffeine changes. It is absolutely reasonable even now that it needs one coffee beans unit for a power 10 sip, not 1/100th, the waterfill remaining a problem. I think nobody disagrees here.

As to nerfs, it is in no way always transparent what is considered a bug, and what space for users' creativity. And I did not find documented what is one per tile explicitly, you just have to find it out. So far, I did not find it documented e.g. on wiki. So far, I could name large oil barrel, fountains, well, in addition to now .. let us say, restricted if you do not like nerfed beds, and tapestries. There may be more, even some which seriously interfere with game mechanics so it is considered a bug.

As to beds, the change destroyed my decorations and roleplay arrangement, where I fail to see that it granted me any unfair advantage, impaired game stability (as far as I can judge about), or otherwise game mechanics working. There may be aspects I do not see.

Not going to point a finger at anyone but how does one player get 5 skills all in shields to 100 at basically the same time. That is just suspect to me.

Really looking forward to caffeine changes.

10 minutes ago, Blacklotus said:

Not going to point a finger at anyone but how does one player get 5 skills all in shields to 100 at basically the same time. That is just suspect to me.

i got them over the last few months and they never told me you had to do a support ticket to get a gm to confirm it, i've only gotten 1 100 shield skill since caffeine was added and i was already 99 in that pre-caffeine

back in august for example

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i got them over the last few months and they never told me you had to do a support ticket to get a gm to confirm it

I'm not accusing you of wrongdoing, I'm just curious how you got them all so high. Had it been due to caffeine I really wouldn't be questioning nearly as much that stuff is awesome, but to an onlooker like me, getting 5 skills all to 100, all with shields, I just am curious as to your training method. It takes most players a good solid year to skill past 99 to 100 for one skill, let alone 5. Please I mean you no disrespect  I am just curious.

Old system (from years ago) was that you could afk for hours with a good ql shield fighting a cow or something. I know a few people that used to go to 99 skill just using that system. Of course, that was removed, but just saying being at 99 in a lot of shield skills with that system wasn't that unusual if you knew the trick. 

Yeah sounds like an easy afk skill that could be easily applied to any shield 

6 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

I'm not accusing you of wrongdoing, I'm just curious how you got them all so high. Had it been due to caffeine I really wouldn't be questioning nearly as much that stuff is awesome, but to an onlooker like me, getting 5 skills all to 100, all with shields, I just am curious as to your training method. It takes most players a good solid year to skill past 99 to 100 for one skill, let alone 5. Please I mean you no disrespect  I am just curious.

look at niarja.. anyone with high mind-speed is pen-fighting to gain shield, stance, characteristics passively with same grind.. fighting mobs normally is trash for skillgains in same skills in comparison to what penfighting returns, rest is "fun and giggles" with some math and wu code to min-max cr/dr/ql/skill/opponent for the sweetspotting and gaining gains more often being present or afk for a while

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

Just read the grindin' anything on forum from the very same player and that gives an idea how to effectively skill shields like many other things.... plus add insane amount of sleep powders, I'm sure Silakka lost his smelling long time ago.

16 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

yeah the grindin everything thread has a whole write up on how the skilling works and what mobs to use

the trick is to be able to tank hell scorps for 15 minutes and having them penned which you can do via the dominate spell

18 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

.... That is just suspect to me.

17 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

Does your bike also pedal forward?   🤣

13 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Does your bike also pedal forward?   🤣

So me asking how such a large feat was accomplished by one character is back pedaling to you? The way it's set in the notes seems suspicious, that doesn't mean it was cheating in part by that character. It also doesn't mean I'm going to stop asking questions when it looks weird.

If nothing wrong was done, it should be easily answered.

giphy.webp

Me with 3 as my highest shield stat in 14 years, pretending I understand the conversation

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this