Sign in to follow this  
Muse

QOL: Highlight the 'You have gained an affinity' event message

Please can you show the event message in a different colour when we get an affinity due to performing a routine task.

It's often days after the event that I find out I have got an affinity - when I notice a new asterisk in Niarja.com.  Then I have to trawl through log files to find out when it happened.

As it stands, if we miss the message, we're potentially missing out on days of hard earned bragging rights! ;) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 7

Yeah, I think I've only seen the message/noticed at the time maybe 20% of the time, so I always end up stumbling across them days or even weeks later when checking the skills pop up for other things. During the skillgain event I was running 'affinity' find-searches on my event logs every few days because I had genuinely no idea if I'd managed to gain one or not.

+1 I would like to see a new tab named "Affinities" next to event tab

• Like 1

manually you can make a batfile.. to check with this:

(windows, assuming you use that, even easier with "grep" on *nix, findstr is savage tool)

for 2nd/+ affinity 

type X:\Games\Wurm\players\Finn\logs\_Event.2022* | findstr /i stronger | findstr /i affinity

for first affinity:

type X:\Games\Wurm\players\Finn\logs\_Event.2022* | findstr /i developed

you can also make a batfile/shell file to do this.. and dump it in new file every time.. then read it with autoexec and say it in your log when you start the game(one day I'll do it for global casts.. but I'm lazy and don't care that much for now)

get ideas for that from https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Chat_commands and autoexec.txt in wurm folder if you think that's cool to use

--edit grep

grep -i "developed\|affinity for.*has grown stronger" _Event.202*

20db2ba0b1db0c3008adecfa66445c73.png

normally I use insp.php bat "script" to lookup a word or string from current month's event log if I am bored or want to check for event like dropped item, etc(client crashes, client restarts, etc made me lose ingame timers and last meditation times.. when I cared to grind some of that, so.. the need for insp check was born.. but it helped me track fun or useful stuff like current month or day, week.. inspirations, affinities gained within the same month, etc)

20c55c8d9c28eb5eb7103ce29cc2fdb7.png

Edited by Finnn

I'd like for server messages, GM/CM messages and other important alerts to end up in a separate tab.

• Like 1

Should be more prominent than any message involving BEES

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Should be more prominent than any message involving BEES

it really shouldn't

*remember no man's sky and their achievement mid screen flashy banner popping up nonstop*

enough of the useless mid-screen messages, if you can't see a color in your event log or a rainbow on screen while you're alt-tabbed.. you definitely wont be seeing that mid-screen message

what you want is a log for important events to track new affinities*.. it's something so rare that maybe doesn't worth this effort... it's important progression, but it's so rare.. 

you can get 3 in a day, and also ... 0 for several months

* something like deed event lot and server history.. for sacrificing valrei items, adding upkeep, +/- villagers; also other log with events, +/- new deeds and disbanding, rifts, etc..

you get the idea...

add an icon.. utilize the knowledge ui.. add icon there.. when there's new important event.. make it flash or glow in IMPORTANT* color, when there's new information to it that isn't seen but it's not amazing.. put another color or just border around the iron.. to show there's update.. but it's not necessarily amazing (I still hate all chat tabs flashing btw..)