Sign in to follow this  
Drogos

Cast sunder on padlocks

So, I made a few thousand padlocks, hoping to reach specific qualities (to be used as quality locks). Then I was thinking maybe I could just Sunder and Mend locks that was not suited quality, but nope, `[00:54:00] Your spell will not work on that.`. Does not have to be like this, but  the ability to some how lets say get a q71 lock to be reduced to q70 would be nice :)

• Like 1

Perhaps better solution would be that padlocks be impable. You can scale to desired ql without mass spamming and grinding skill would be easier. Only minus would be that you can't fluke high ql with low skill which i think it's torelable with what we could gain from such change...

• Like 1

Its pretty simple really, just by mixing in some lower ql iron.

Lets say for example i have 76 ql iron stored in one bsb and 56 ql in another. By combining 10x 76ql lumps with 4x 56ql lumps resulting lump should be ~ 70.28ql, which is perfect for 70ql quality lock. Its just matter of making max ql lock from such lump. If you have at least a little bit in locksmithing skill and a decent anvil, it should not take more than a few tries to get max ql out of that lump.

9 minutes ago, Mantas said:

If you have at least a little bit in locksmithing skill

Could you please specify a bit? Like what do you consider "a little bit"

idk, 20+, 30+, prob even at 1 its not that hard to make 70+ ql lock, just takes few more tries with no skill...

My point is, that you can mix different ql iron and by adjusting ratios its easy enough to get pretty much exact ql metal for you desired ql lock. And then just create until you get one (or however many you need) at lump ql

My current setup, is I try to make q 90 quality locks. So far about 1 out of 500 (rough estimate) lands. I currently have about 26 locksmithing skill. The remaining 499 locks are random lower quality. I save all the round numbers, but still lots of locks at q67, q 84, etc. Those are the ones that I was hoping to be able to work on to make usable. So, yeah, having correct ore quality and how to mix different qualities to achieve that I would know about. It is just that it does not really work since so many fail in creation, and result in lower quality. How to change their quality I am open for suggestions, like make them impable, etc. My initial suggesting of Sunder / Mend was just an idea for a "simple fix".

• Like 1