Sign in to follow this  
Muse

[NO BUG] I can't sleep!

I have a very cluttered room.

Tonight I went to sleep in my bed and it wouldn't let me:

[04:44:15] This area is too crowded to perform that, try clearing some stuff off.

This has never happened before.  I tried both toons with the bed and both get the same message.

Please can you exclude beds from the 'clutter check' - we should be able to sleep in a bed regardless of the number of decorations nearby.  I don't want to be trying to sort this problem when tired. :) 

Thanks.

• Like 1

This is the new intended behavior. Beds, and other 1 / tile items, will now not be usable while there are more than 1 of them on a single tile. You will still be able to move and load the items, but unable to utilize them.

There's only one bed on the tile, it must be some other item(s) blocking it.  I wish it was clearer.  Perhaps it should say what item is blocking it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muse said:

There's only one bed on the tile, it must be some other item(s) blocking it.  I wish it was clearer.  Perhaps it should say what item is blocking it.

I agree, that would make things quite a bit easier, and would make an excellent suggestion.

In the meantime, you should look for other 1/tile items, such as tall banners, smelters, beds, large planters, etc. 

Tapestries are the thing messing up my beds - I can't for the life of me think why a bed and a tapestry inhabiting the same tile is a problem, but that seems to be the combo that's tripping most people up in decorated bedrooms.

• Like 1