Sign in to follow this  
Homestead

Closed - Auction complete - 5-Speed Horse

5-speed horse with rare trait "It Is Unbelievably Fast."

Not really a 'rare,' more like a supreme or maybe a fantastic.  Pretty unique.

Starting bid: 2g

Increment (minimum): 25s

Reserve: No

Buyout: 5g (Yea, very high. I know. It is a 'buy out' after all)

Sniper Protection: 1 hour

Private Bids: Not accepted

Yes, I know it is a high starting price.  No need to troll the comments saying so.  I did do a price check first, thank you, and 2g was the lowest PC. (5g was the highest.) And, frankly, at less than 2g, I'd probably just keep it myself - starting bid/reserve, same thing. I like nice things too.

7JmVaal.png

timer_1637505598.svg

• Like 2

Congrats and good luck on your auction!! As a breeder with one of these, I think the price is 100% reasonable.

Edit:

Most people probably don't know just how fast this horse is. When I was testing gearless horses, the rare trait increases the horse's speed by 8 km/h, and it is activated more consistently. So both top speed and average speed are much higher than a regular 4 speed horse.

Edited by Pukaria
  • Like 1

Nine horse for sure,  what is that flat straight speed when all traits proc please?

19 minutes ago, Hantance said:

Nine horse for sure,  what is that flat straight speed when all traits proc please?

I honestly  can't say I ride enough to recognize when all traits are proc'd vs not. Or know if I even know enough about it to test correctly.  I don't normally wear armor, for example. No idea if the weight of the rider is a factor.  Or how many tiles must be traversed in a straight line to give everything a chance.

So rather than say something that can't be reproduced or unintentionally say something misleading, I'm going to opt not to say any numbers.

Safe to say, better than any without it. And Pukaria gave an indication in comment above.

Like a mechanic can fix your car but that doesn't mean they are a professional driver, I breed them, but .....  :D

If you have a priest nearby, I'd love to take a summon with my horse gear and equip it for a test drive.

12 minutes ago, Smokes said:

If you have a priest nearby, I'd love to take a summon with my horse gear and equip it for a test drive.

I thought i knew your name in-game but I seem to be misspelling it.

But..... I think this is turning into a lot more discussion for an auction than I am comfortable with.....  To me, auctions are offer and bid. Not a lot of discussion. That would be 'sell' section.

Testing it with your gear won't really give anyone else a baseline.

So if I summon you, I have to summon everyone who wants to test it out to be fair to everyone.

I'll go ride it around a bit and say what I get on a flat run.  Though I'm not really comfortable with that either as I explained before.

But, I'm starting to think that I'd be more comfortable just forgetting about it, keeping it to breed and canceling the auction if you want to withdraw you bid.

I made 6 passes, 3 times each direction, on a flat bridge that is 26 tiles long.

Rider total weight:  54.65

No equipment/saddle/shoes on the horse.

Times for the runs below:

once = 30.25

2 times = 32.40  

3 times = 33.12

Again, I'm not comfortable with this much discussion in an 'auction' thread. Doesn't seem right to me at all.

As the only bidder, if you want to withdraw your bid, I'll just cancel the auction and forget about it until people can do testing and discuss it elsewhere in a more appropriate part of the forums, and then start over later when that discussion is done, maybe. If I don't just keep it and use it for breeding.

Edit:  Got someone to test it with very good equipment.  Hit 49 km/h. Without the AW trait proc'ing.

Edited by Homestead
Added information
  • Like 1

Up to you 100%.  It's your right as the auction holder to cancel the auction.

However it's a near perfect horse, if you want to keep the auction going my bid stands.

~Ssmokes

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Up to you 100%.  It's your right as the auction holder to cancel the auction.

However it's a near perfect horse, if you want to keep the auction going my bid stands.

~Ssmokes

Then it continues.

But I'd rather it be an auction thread and not a discussion thread.

Thanks.

• Like 1

*Bump*

Less than an hour left.

May not see another offered for a long time.

Oof. All out of time to agonize on this one?

Okay. 2g25s

Auction ended.

Contact me in-game to talk about picking it up. 

Homestead in-game name, too.

Grats!!!!