Sign in to follow this  
rcarnryan

Lamps Always Lit (On Deed) / More lamp control

Hello,

Recently I've started a new deed deep in a pine forest. I have some lamps and they are great for adding ambience to the deed at night. However, once they turn off for the day/night cycle, its still very dark in the deed/buildings because of shadows from the trees. Eventually the sun comes up higher and lights the deed nicely, but in the morning or evening when there's lots of shadows from trees, its very dark, and the lamps don't turn on. (Right now I'll have to turn the ones on manually that I want.)

I'd like to be able to keep lamps/torches on all the time or even better have more control of the cycle that they follow for turning on and off. Its my understanding that a GM can change a lamp to "Always Lit" and would love to have this option as a player. I'm not looking for no fuel required, I'm happy for it to burn fuel. Just more control so I'm not in the dark during the day.

If something like this exists, I'd love to be directed towards it. It sounds like it may have to be server-side rather than client side. 

Also I'd like to hear what other players do to combat being in the dark, on deed, outside of lantern on/off cycle.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

There is a mod (Timelock by BDew) that allows you to set the time of day, so that if you like it is always noon, or whatever time you set ingame on the fly.  While it won't totally solve tree shadows I imagine there are certain times of the day when they are less of an issue...

There is also a mod for keeping mines fully lit at all times, without lamps:  CaveVision by Sindusk

Both of these are client side mods.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Thanks for the response. 

I think I'd rather just raise brightness exorbitantly before committing to only day, with the Timelock mod. I love the night time ambiance and would like not to lose it! 

I wonder about the feasibility of being able to change lamp schedule on deed via mod?

On 11/20/2021 at 10:07 AM, rcarnryan said:

I think I'd rather just raise brightness exorbitantly before committing to only day, with the Timelock mod. I love the night time ambiance and would like not to lose it!

FYI, you can toggle Timelock on and off from in-game. I usually play with it off, but toggle it on when needed.