Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 16-Nov-2021

Bugfix: Fixed unfinished items teleporting item out of cave layer upon completion.

Bugfix: Pregnancy timers on Defiance and Elevation have been reduced to 4 hours on average. Like other pregnancy timers, there is some randomized difference added or subtracted from this.

Bugfix: Fixed sealing and unsealing items held in a worn item such as a backpack, or held in an equipment slot.

New: Players will now stop leading creatures when they are close to the server border.

Bugfix: Stopped the use of 1 per tile items if multiple are stacked up together on a tile

Bugfix: Fixed tree harvest timer.

Bugfix: Green tea leaves will no longer turn into Oolong tea leaves when placed inside a Magic Chest.

Bugfix: Using 1g sips of caffeine will no longer refresh the buff entirely.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Using 1g sips of caffeine will no longer refresh the buff entirely

Curse this sudden but inevitable bug fix! 

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

25 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Stopped the use of 1 per tile items if multiple are stacked up together on a tile

i really hope this doesnt mean we can  only 1 bsb,fsb,bcu,or lsu per tile now, that would be terrible.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 6

Well nothing against the 1g nerf, sad as it is. But hopefully the insane fillup of water level gets fixed too, and soon.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Well nothing against the 1g nerf, sad as it is. But hopefully the insane fillup of water level gets fixed too, and soon.

Yeah i agree, 1g sips are ridiculous, nothing against making more coffe, but option to lower water bar somehow(option to take a leak, puke or smthg) or behaivour simmilar to alcohol that can sip after bar is full is almost crucial with this nerf

• Like 5

specially if you get a damn refresh after a meditate. they you stuck for a long time with no way to eat of drink affinity food/caffeine

• Like 3

Is there point to write here or pop a bug report that coffee is useless or seriously nerfed for grinds with alcohol?
Once you buff on 100 or less caffeine power.. you are VERY likely to cap thirst bar with alcohol, once the caffeine bar expired or starts losing power.. well you can not maintain it.. we're back into hfc/ccfp/hunger/affinity etc.. mess where you can't manage properly affinities and timers.

In a game of skill and numbers.. these things matter a lot to these who grind higher skills, yet this provides a thick wall and breaks .. to spar premium alt to beat you up, puke, lose thirst bar, restart your grind.. and just redo it all in less than 30minutes..

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

i really hope this doesnt mean we can  only 1 bsb,fsb,bcu,or lsu per tile now, that would be terrible.

None of those items are 1 per tile items.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Using 1g sips of caffeine will no longer refresh the buff entirely.

I've patched my coffee user's guide accordingly.

26 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

We're looking at caffeine this month. I know it was just released, but having spent a great deal of time with it myself, it doesn't have the right feeling to me. So we'll be adjusting it. More details to come.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Is there point to write here or pop a bug report that coffee is useless or seriously nerfed for grinds with alcohol?
Once you buff on 100 or less caffeine power.. you are VERY likely to cap thirst bar with alcohol, once the caffeine bar expired or starts losing power.. well you can not maintain it.. we're back into hfc/ccfp/hunger/affinity etc.. mess where you can't manage properly affinities and timers.

In a game of skill and numbers.. these things matter a lot to these who grind higher skills, yet this provides a thick wall and breaks .. to spar premium alt to beat you up, puke, lose thirst bar, restart your grind.. and just redo it all in less than 30minutes..

The main thing is the purpose we intended for caffeine to have: A means for casual players to get a bit of an edge. Sleep bonus was intended to be this until it became readily available in the form of sleep powders. It wasn't intended to be the new meta for grinding high skills, though I saw that being inevitable. The changes we have on the table will bring caffeine more in line with the original intention, though it will still be something a heavy skill grinder can use when it's available.

We honestly didn't intend on people puking to keep drinking it. :)

• Like 10

The nerf has rendered coffee widely unusable. The drinking restrictions in Wurm originally seem to have been implemented to be balanced against the stamina restrictions of low water. In fact, if I measured correctly, about 1kg water suffice for completely filling the water bar which goes down slowly, in about 1.5 hrs (half Wurm day). Now it seems that 1kg coffee is needed to get a power 100 buff. Most wont have 0 water when starting to drink coffee.

Conclusion: Was a nice to have, but we lived without. Still grinding beverages is ways easier than before.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

Caffeine nerf just seems super tedious. Not enjoyable to anyone and least of all casual players i imagine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keenan said:

The main thing is the purpose we intended for caffeine to have: A means for casual players to get a bit of an edge

you failed totally then, if you really want coffe to help player who cant grind as much as some of us do, make coffer timers much much longer, make coffe easier to make and change the fatigue increase to be much higher(make it so 2 hours of grinding a day means you run out of fatigue or something like that).

thats how you stop grinders from using it and make it usable for casual players.

right now casual players dont have the time to make coffe, much less use it.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Tpikol said:

(make it so 2 hours of grinding a day means you run out of fatigue or something like that)

you get 8 hours of fatigue a day, caffeine uses it 4x faster, some actions use fatigue with no action timer like imping with the wrong tool so that's already <2 hours of grinding a day hitting fatigue, unless i'm missing something

Maybe caffeine drinks should work like alcohol in that they can be consumed regardless of thirst level. In real life we don't really drink coffee or tea to quench thirst. If anything I would have expected caffeine to cause dehydration and make the water bar drop faster (I would like it to work that way, personally - and drinking salty water should increase thirst too). It could fill the water bar like normal, but then cause a debuff increasing the rate of water drain by a certain amount for the duration of the caffeine effect. The fatigue cost is already there to help prevent people grinding with caffeine all day long, so does it really need more restriction than that?

Edited by Vorticella
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you get 8 hours of fatigue a day, caffeine uses it 4x faster, some actions use fatigue with no action timer like imping with the wrong tool so that's already <2 hours of grinding a day hitting fatigue, unless i'm missing something

you are missing the wait to be able to drink enough to get full power, letting coffe ignore the water bar could be a way to solve that, or forget power and ql and just make the effect of caffeine always work at full power.

I've created a thread for caffeine feedback here:

As it states in the thread, we'll be posting details of what we have planned once they are finalized. I'd appreciate thoughts (like the water bar issue) to be included in that thread so we can adjust our plans accordingly and provide what I hope to be a better solution.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Keenan said:

The main thing is the purpose we intended for caffeine to have: A means for casual players to get a bit of an edge. Sleep bonus was intended to be this until it became readily available in the form of sleep powders. It wasn't intended to be the new meta for grinding high skills, though I saw that being inevitable. The changes we have on the table will bring caffeine more in line with the original intention, though it will still be something a heavy skill grinder can use when it's available.

We honestly didn't intend on people puking to keep drinking it. :)

Have you considered leaving 1g sips in while you do the rework?

I'm generally in favor of fixing this as it ruins any market for coffee, but I was hoping it would come at the same time as a change that would make coffee more useful for casuals. As a casual, right now we're back to a point where it feels like coffee is just not meant for me, as it feels impossible to get power up to meaningful levels and keep it there (for reasons described in many other posts already).

Thanks for the bug fixes, it is great to see them coming out on a regular basis!

Can we please get a fix for the rare hell horse traits not working right, as I posted in the bugs section. I have hell horses aging and am unable to use them as intended, as do others with the rare trait. It would be great if we could use them as you intended them to be used. Thanks alot and keep up the great work!

• Cat 1

How is this a QoL patch?
This area is too crowded to perform that, try clearing some stuff off.

so how much now does it take to get the 10 minutes of SB? 

41 minutes ago, Pingvinen said:

How is this a QoL patch?
This area is too crowded to perform that, try clearing some stuff off.

Thats not good,

and with the caffein nerf a good update suddenly became useless. RIP

Possible new bug!!!

I've frying up some green tea leaves to make yellow tea leaves and some of them are turning into Oolong leaves while in a frying pan in a lit oven.

The leaves are going Oolong almost instantly upon transferring from a satchel in my inventory to the frying pan.

The ones that turned had been in the satchel in inventory for over an hour. Others turned to yellow tea leaves when fried as expected.

Edited by Ajala

30 minutes ago, Ajala said:

Possible new bug!!!

I've frying up some green tea leaves to make yellow tea leaves and some of them are turning into Oolong leaves while in a frying pan in a lit oven.

The leaves are going Oolong almost instantly upon transferring from a satchel in my inventory to the frying pan.

The ones that turned had been in the satchel in inventory for over an hour. Others turned to yellow tea leaves when fried as expected.

Could you put this in the actual bug report section, rather than here?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this