Sign in to follow this  
SweetSerenade

Wurm not running on New 64 bit Laptop

Hey, 

I recently got a new laptop and decided to install wurm on it, after installing java Jre1.8.0_311 and trying to open the client in the appdata folder the game is unable to load past the splash screen, however once it fails to load it does make a duplicate file and the old file seems to produce an error "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable, then creating a duplicate shortcut named WurmLauncher64_old

I have gotten the game to get past the splash screen by restoring the original file to its original version, when restored the game attempts to download java runtime, however when it reaches 99% a box appears saying "Failed to update Java runtime, check your internet connection settings, firewall settings, or try downloading the game again" and then a screen saying the launcher can not open or find runtime.zip

I have disabled my firewall, redownloaded the installer multiple times, and have used two different internet connections (both wifi) and I am totally out of ideas, any help would be appreciated.

this one works fine

D:\Games\Wurm\win64\runtime\bin>java -version
java version "1.8.0_201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

The new installer/launcher handles its own Java runtime. You don't need to install your own.

Which installer did you use to install the game on the new laptop?

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

this one works fine

D:\Games\Wurm\win64\runtime\bin>java -version
java version "1.8.0_201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

Sorry I don't understand, are you saying I should install Wurm under that directory?

3 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

The new installer/launcher handles its own Java runtime. You don't need to install your own.

Which installer did you use to install the game on the new laptop?

I am using the windows 64 installer from the website, the game seems unable to install the runtime component? Honestly I have no idea at this point.

10:25:34: can't open file '\\localhost\C$\@GMT-2021.11.16-08.05.18\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Programs\Wurm Online/runtime.zip' (error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.)
10:25:34: Can not open file '\\localhost\C$\@GMT-2021.11.16-08.05.18\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Programs\Wurm Online/runtime.zip'.

This is the error it provides as the runtime download reaches 99%