Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Meditation PvP Caps Review

So we have been discussing the issue a bit and while I still cannot offer the skill gain bonus on every meditation path as we don't want to lock ourselves into that being pretty hard to back away from in the future. That being said we have decided to make a few changes we hope will help with the issues brought up let us know what you think.

• The meditation level cap will be removed from defiance, only knowledge will gain any effect from above the normal defiance meditation cap still for now though but any path can level it up as high as they want.
    • Final breath and recall home will still be disabled for knowledge.
  • Going to reduce the hard time cool down between meditation level ups for defiance by about half but the skill requirements will stay the same, this will effect all paths and all levels.
    • Idea here is to drastically cut down the time of switching paths. This along with enlightenment mechanics should mean switching around a bit can be much shorter of a raw time gate even into the upper tiers.

Will be looking to have these in sooner then later barring no major push back on the proposed changes. We understand some people may still take this as needing to be knowledge on PvE and something else on defiance to gain some additional perks but are fine with that. Balancing around that becomes a very slippery slope but you will now be able to have the knowledge 11 bonus on defiance so you can make the choice between that and other utility. In the future we hope the rest of the level 11 effects can be enabled in some form still but clearly this one was causing more issues then others waiting for the rest.

• Like 4

Doesn't this still make being knowledge on freedom and something useful for pvp on defiance the better option. I'm not seeing the benefit to being knowledge on defiance...

Edited by Rockmodd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

• The meditation level cap will be removed from defiance, only knowledge will gain any effect from above the normal defiance meditation cap still for now though but any path can level it up as high as they want.
  • Going to reduce the hard time cool down between meditation level ups for defiance by about half but the skill requirements will stay the same, this will effect all paths and all levels.
    • Idea here is to drastically cut down the time of switching paths. This along with enlightenment mechanics should mean switching around a bit can be much shorter of a raw time gate even into the upper tiers.

Thank you for this response darklords. We look forward to seeing it implemented hopefully in the near future

Cool a few people will be happy and otherwise not very dramatic action. Lower cooldown is good. Easier to get into it from freedom side perhabs too then.

Make sure they're all properly disabled please for the other paths. And why even go higher? Please dont make us guess which will be good but instead give us a meditation swap for bigger changes. It cant be right we as players should be playing a guessing games with devs intention and is only something that will create division.

Is path of power effect lasting way too long even fixed yet? There's been a lot of leftover mechanics not properly disabled/modified to the Defiance versions.

I like the idea of small changes rather than committing to anything un-reversible. It would have been nice to be able to keep a little perk for PvP, but I guess you should have to give up something to get a different bonus in some respects. I do however agree some attention needs to be given to free swaps for major changes. 

Thank you, I do appreciate the change and the update, I honestly don't think it will change the majority for us, but could we set a calendar alert for like 3 months for the devs to review average Defiance player numbers and people on path of knowledge to see what effect it has on the population?

3 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

Thank you, I do appreciate the change and the update, I honestly don't think it will change the majority for us, but could we set a calendar alert for like 3 months for the devs to review average Defiance player numbers and people on path of knowledge to see what effect it has on the population?

Weird response, the change we asked was to never increase the population at all, its to allow the remaining of the population that puts the effort into having/wanting a game mechanic to actually enjoy it on the server they want to play on, we shouldn't be forced to skill on freedom.

1 hour ago, Zykat said:

Weird response, the change we asked was to never increase the population at all, its to allow the remaining of the population that puts the effort into having/wanting a game mechanic to actually enjoy it on the server they want to play on, we shouldn't be forced to skill on freedom.

It makes sense as it should increase the daily players ideally.

But really because of the low "sample size" other factors such as a single person doing sermons or black friday sale etc will have way bigger impacts as well as random social movements etc. so it doesnt make sense, no.

16 hours ago, Darklords said:

So we have been discussing the issue a bit and while I still cannot offer the skill gain bonus on every meditation path as we don't want to lock ourselves into that being pretty hard to back away from in the future. That being said we have decided to make a few changes we hope will help with the issues brought up let us know what you think.

Will be looking to have these in sooner then later barring no major push back on the proposed changes. We understand some people may still take this as needing to be knowledge on PvE and something else on defiance to gain some additional perks but are fine with that. Balancing around that becomes a very slippery slope but you will now be able to have the knowledge 11 bonus on defiance so you can make the choice between that and other utility. In the future we hope the rest of the level 11 effects can be enabled in some form still but clearly this one was causing more issues then others waiting for the rest.

can we get the same path on pvp and pve?

12 hours ago, Joemog said:

But really because of the low "sample size" other factors such as a single person doing sermons or black friday sale etc will have way bigger impacts as well as random social movements etc. so it doesnt make sense, no.

This is true, yeah I did specify that I didn't think it would make too much of a change, but I think having numbers like that would be interesting regardless, the main part of the suggestion was to have an agreed upon time for the devs to check in and see how players are feeling about the change, and additional changes which could benefit the community, 3 months seemed like a reasonable time to let things adjust.

Edited by SweetSerenade

13 hours ago, Joemog said:

Technically i get what you're saying but because we're not forced to skill on Freedom we'll be on defiance instead, which in my eyes isn't really a population increase or a reason to watch population. 

1 hour ago, SweetSerenade said:

yeah I did specify that I didn't think it would make too much of a change

The only people who think this "isnt too much of a change" are the lazy ones who cant be assed to get 70 med. This is a huge change that people how care about going the next step have been pushing for awhile.

Edited by Zykat

2 hours ago, Zykat said:

Technically i get what you're saying but because we're not forced to skill on Freedom we'll be on defiance instead, which in my eyes isn't really a population increase or a reason to watch population. 

The only people who think this "isnt too much of a change" are the lazy ones who cant be assed to get 70 med. This is a huge change that people how care about going the next step have been pushing for awhile.

But it's still better just skilling on Freedom and having a combat-related path on Defiance? Unless you have a ton of affinities.

But any way we agree, it's not a real population increase but it should increase avg numbers.

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 6:17 AM, Joemog said:

But it's still better just skilling on Freedom and having a combat-related path on Defiance? Unless you have a ton of affinities.

But any way we agree, it's not a real population increase but it should increase avg numbers.

they add it a bit too late :P 

On 9/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, Joemog said:

I just don't understand how it's better on Freedom. The only benefit I see there is a market if you happen to make a rare or want to make some coin to buy premium or whatever.

Defiance has less players which in return means more material/resources to farm/use. A hell of a lot more animals and mobs for hunting/animal husbandry related activities, and also access to kingdom titles which we both know is beneficial in certain areas of skilling. In my opinion overall Defiance seems like the much better option even if you don't have a ton of affinities.

6 hours ago, Zykat said:

I just don't understand how it's better on Freedom. The only benefit I see there is a market if you happen to make a rare or want to make some coin to buy premium or whatever.

Defiance has less players which in return means more material/resources to farm/use. A hell of a lot more animals and mobs for hunting/animal husbandry related activities, and also access to kingdom titles which we both know is beneficial in certain areas of skilling. In my opinion overall Defiance seems like the much better option even if you don't have a ton of affinities.

As I said, to have a combat path on Defiance instead

If ppl actually pvp'd I guess

Edited by Joemog

Genuinely, is there any reason that the 25% skill gain for POK has to stay? I really think ANY flat skill gain increase for POK is too strong in general (for both pve & pvp).

With the new treasure maps and future exploration update (pt 2), POK bonuses at level 11 instead be changed over to those, like % increased chance to find treasure maps and or % increased benefits from the deity holy sites. I feel like this would at least stay somewhat true to the "lore" of the path being knowledge and keep all the paths unique.

I think flat increases to skill gain should be accessible to everyone regardless of their path choice and could be implemented in the future some other way.

Edited by Raix

I echo others by recommending LOWERING the bar for melee pvp effectiveness. Make SOTG an every path thing.

It's dumb that you have to be path of insanity for pvp melee.

DA