Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Meditation PvP Caps Review

Its already super stupid freedom people have like 3+ months of free grinding compared to PVP dedicated people just from POK ignoring all the other benefits they get to grinding (from grinding a year or more on POK)

Just give us something already, why the weekend warriors gotta have a huge advantage?

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drayka said:

So now if I play on Defiance as a combatant, I have to grind meditation to lvl 11, and I have to be PoK. Great. That's just PoI all over again. In fact it's worse as they are to be merged across all Northern servers.

If you were proposing to remove all meditation paths from Defiance except PoK and saying that unless you change your meditation path in the next month, you will have to start from Path Level 0 again if you want to play PvP as a main on Northern Cluster, you would be proposing the same thing, except that you are still allowed to have an alt to cast enchanted grass etc.

So if your vision is to achieve having every serious player on Northern go PoK, regardless of whether they play pve or pvp, congratulations. You have your solution in massively nerfing choice, to preserve the integrity of each path's unique ideology.

1 main's path, and 4 alt's paths to choose from. Because it's such FUN to grind meditation on alt accounts to perform vital deed development and maintenance tasks. None of which accounts will ever have any use for the 'combat' bonuses of that path.

At the very least, code the timer to change meditation path from a month from the first time you next log in on Defiance, whether that be log into game on Defiance, or use the pvp portal. I don't want to lose all possibility of players from Freedom choosing to play here, and established players not wanting to play here again, into the bargain.

Alright just to clarify, you're agreeing with almost everyone in here except the dev suggestion kinda yeah?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Alright just to clarify, you're agreeing with almost everyone in here except the dev suggestion kinda yeah?

Yes. Right now, if you want to play Defiance, you are FORCED to play Freedom on PoK, or be unable to PvP. And I'll just about accept that my game is totally ruined by this, as long as I accept that it's my choice to ruin my ability to compete on Defiance, by refusing to touch Freedom Isles with a bargepole. At least I get to be a different meditation path than Knowledge on Defiance, with its truncated path abilities.

But if the suggestion by the Devs is that nobody can be anything but PoK... then there's no point in having multiple paths to choose from in the first place. Everyone has to be PoK unless they are an alt-account. And that sucks worse than the illusion of choice to ruin your own game by being a full-time Defiance player, that we have now.

So my proposed alternative was to JUST ASSUME everyone on Defiance is POK on Freedom anyway - could even lock it to that, that using the PvP portal forces you to be POK on Freedom.

But to allow people to play on Defiance full-time on whatever Meditation Path of the other 4 they please, without forcing them to play on multiple servers.

HOWEVER

A better way to do it might be to say you simply can't be the same meditation path on pve as pvp, and you get the passive abilities of your pve path when on Defiance. (And passives from pvp path when on Freedom, if it doesn't unbalance it)

That way, primarily-Defiance alt accounts still have some choices of functionality on Freedom.

Anyone playing on Defiance isn't forced to play both servers to function as part of the community.

And Freedom players don't threaten to quit WO en masse because their PoK bonus got nerfed.

Edited by Drayka

10 hours ago, Drayka said:

HOWEVER

A better way to do it might be to say you simply can't be the same meditation path on pve as pvp, and you get the passive abilities of your pve path when on Defiance. (And passives from pvp path when on Freedom, if it doesn't unbalance it)

Not a bad option, though it just covers up the root of the problem. In this scenario, you would just have 2 paths. One would be PoK, the other would be [insert second best path here]. The problem is that PoK feels like a required choice. This method doesn't solve the problem, it simply covers it up by giving everyone the required choice alongside another option, pushing the balance concerns down to the next most powerful path.

Drayka, pvp player dont need any Freedom gameplay, only 5 hourse of SB with rites. Its all. You not true pvp player if you write thing like above. Freedom players quit game becouse of nerf meditation path? lol. This means that they were just looking for an excuse to quit the game, which is ridiculous. All MMO has nerfs, its ok, its balance. I believe there is no need to merge meditation paths on servers. People who have been skillup meditation on a pvp server all this time should have privilege on it, an advantage. The main challenge now is simply to balance the skills so that all paths are relevant. And not just the path of love and knowledge.

8 minutes ago, Goremor said:

Drayka, pvp player dont need any Freedom gameplay, only 5 hourse of SB with rites. Its all. You not true pvp player if you write thing like above. Freedom players quit game becouse of nerf meditation path? lol. This means that they were just looking for an excuse to quit the game, which is ridiculous. All MMO has nerfs, its ok, its balance. I believe there is no need to merge meditation paths on servers. People who have been skillup meditation on a pvp server all this time should have privilege on it, an advantage. The main challenge now is simply to balance the skills so that all paths are relevant. And not just the path of love and knowledge.

This would then  mean all pvpers spend most of their day on freedom server to get the 25% skillgain.

Edited by Joemog

All i want for christmas is POK so i dont have to play on freedom all day

This could Finally be it??? POK for Christmas???? or has it simply been forgot about again???

Edited by Pnutp

On 12/14/2021 at 9:58 PM, Joemog said:

Yes please

On 12/15/2021 at 9:58 AM, Joemog said:

please daddy devs

we have been good boys xx

34 minutes ago, Zykat said:

please daddy devs

we have been good boys xx

He has been a good boy ill vouch for him :)

12 minutes ago, Shinso said:

He has been a good boy ill vouch for him :)

Is that for the gifts he gave :D

18 hours ago, Pnutp said:

Is that for the gifts he gave :D

Santa came early this year xD

Have they still not changed the fact that all the people on defiance cross servers so they can grind on PoK for the 25% bonus? Can we ###### remove that ###### please? You can't complain about low server pop and then leave that crap in. I don't blame a single person for taking advantage of this and I feel like crap because I still grind on defiance without it (out of pure laziness).

Pretty much the best example of why PvP servers are painful when players want changes and more development. Countless discussion threads, good ideas, shared thoughts between kingdoms, and no results. Three months later and nothing. What's even the point? Not to call you out Darklords, I don't blame you, but it's like this consistently. No matter the majority backing an idea or change, it never feels like it gets across the finish line and pushed forward. Yet, somehow, we bring on two more full time developers so they can help.. introduce coffee and hot chocolate? Great. 

We can't even decide what to do with an entire 4 clustered PvP server that current average player base is around 10 players. Why does it feel like no one ever actually in the development team has any leadership and comes up with an actual quarterly plan and goals? Just vague talks of ideas and "we're working on this behind the scenes."

• Like 1

I get that making a decision will always piss someone/a group of people off but I feel like there are some low hanging fruit here that the majority of us agree on would be a good change!

I want pok on defiance, so people wont be going to pve just to grind..

• Like 2

2 threads, 2 years later

notta

now that we have more full time devs, maybe better results?

Still feels bad being one of 10 people grinding on Defiance instead of going to a PvE server to get the 25% Meditation bonus to skill gain.

Unless that is how they wanted us to play? Are we supposed to be encouraged to skill up on the PvE servers and rarely do stuff on Defiance?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zao said:

Still feels bad being one of 10 people grinding on Defiance instead of going to a PvE server to get the 25% Meditation bonus to skill gain.

Unless that is how they wanted us to play? Are we supposed to be encouraged to skill up on the PvE servers and rarely do stuff on Defiance?

Exactly my point!