Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Meditation PvP Caps Review

Meditation cap removal for Defiance and Elevation has been a topic I have seen come up a lot since the launch of the new cluster. I am sorry we did not get to it sooner but we are looking into changes to uncap meditation from these servers.

We have a few options we can take, though we are open to other ideas for ways to handle it as well and would love to hear people's opinions on which they feel would be the best fit for Defiance/Elevation.

1. Just uncap it and allow the 11+ perks to be as they are normally. The main issue with this route is that we just go back to insanity being mandatory, this does not feel like the best route if it can be avoided. The positive side is keeping things consistent across all servers.
  2. Reduce the strength of the level 11 abilities with issues for servers with them disabled only. The main issue with this route is DR even in small amounts tends to be such a valuable buff that we may have to reduce it to the point of being irrelevant.
  3. Replace the level 11 abilities with issues for servers with them disabled only. This would make things inconsistent mechanic wise between the servers but would likely allow the best balance for now when reintroducing them but would require new ideas and may take the longest.

Please keep the discussion on topic for meditation cap removal and as always keep the kingdom vs kingdom stuff outside feedback threads like this please.

forgive me for being a bit blunt, but isnt the main reason that insanity is mandatory on chaos/ epic start is due to its OP ness - i mean shield of the gone can be nerfed so hard on all servers i am actually shocked no one has made the suggestion before.

Edited by Tomatoes
  • Like 2

add 25% skillgain to all pvp servers and give pok something else because you can't realistically be pok with the other ones existing, just forces you to be pok on freedom for defiance/epic or use an alt on chaos

why do you not just change the meditation abilities on all 3 pvp servers to keep it the same across all? i doubt anyone on chaos is clutching their pearls at the thought of meditation being nerfed/changed

• Like 5

As someone on Defiance:

Lvl 11 25% skillgain for all paths

Also add scaling passive buffs (edit: from like lvl 4 or lower) to all paths so characters are different and interesting. Just make them maybe half the values or a bit more rewarding than it is on Chaos. Path of hate can be spell dmg % fail chance for enemies targeting and POK could crown of might-like aoe buff or something cool pvp-related.

Dont forget to give all a free time limitede med transfer when messing with it please.

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 4

I'd vote for an all-purpose Level 11 stand-in, as Final Breath and Recall Home are now, so as to preserve freedom of choice on meditation path whilst still making high meditation skill/path desirable. It would be worth the development wait for a single implementation for lvl 11, which by definition cannot be unbalanced except PvP/PvE - which is already massively biased to PvE.

-1 personally i just think bringing all these Buffs to Defiance is going to ruin it.

there is people who are just so far ahead of others all it would do it make things worse, some people on Defiance can already 1v4 to 1v5 people from a certain kingdom all it would do is kill the game even more by buffing these players or at least remove Shield of the Gone and nerf level 11 of all paths by quite alot. 

cant talk for elevation.

id just like to leave Defiance as it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shinso said:

-1 personally i just think bringing all these Buffs to Defiance is going to ruin it.

there is people who are just so far ahead of others all it would do it make things worse, some people on Defiance can already 1v4 to 1v5 people from a certain kingdom all it would do is kill the game even more by buffing these players or at least remove Shield of the Gone and nerf level 11 of all paths by quite alot. 

cant talk for elevation.

id just like to leave Defiance as it is.

Not giving any kind of skillgain bonus like on just the other side of the portal is just stupid and will cause a lot of people to just play on freedom side.

Besides with caffeine meditation is much easier than ever before.

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 2

Don't remove the med cap for defiance just give everyone POK at path 11 regardless of which path they are on.... or just give everyone 25% skillgain on defiance.

The issue is not with the other med paths its with everyone skilling on freedom not just for the extra skillgain but also the market over there (if you get a rare you can sell it), no reason to skill on defiance.

• Like 2

Bro we just need more reason for people to play on pvp then pve. Right now there nothing stopping people from hunting for sb, teleporting to freedom and grinding with 25%…..

Give us a reason to play more on pvp.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Darklords said:

Elevation

does anybody play there or not anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raxias said:

Don't remove the med cap for defiance just give everyone POK at path 11 regardless of which path they are on.... or just give everyone 25% skillgain on defiance.

The issue is not with the other med paths its with everyone skilling on freedom not just for the extra skillgain but also the market over there (if you get a rare you can sell it), no reason to skill on defiance.

+1 or unlock 25% skill gain for all meditation paths at lvl 7 or lvl 9.  I think that’s a good middle ground. 

24 minutes ago, Votip said:

does anybody play there or not anymore

Yes, there is a small group of us that do.  I like the current mediation caps on Ele.  I've seen people choose different paths for different reasons, so creates some interesting variation.  If full SotG is unlocked, then it seems everyone will go that path, which is fine also.

• Like 1

Just have them all be 25% skill gain at 11 or maybe do a 10% bonus per path for certain things

Basically it becomes an affinity for a group and lets people pick what they want to focus on.  Especially because they can pair with priesting in this fashion

Hate > 10% more lockpicking skill gain and BC

Power > 10% more gathering skill gain and Body Str

Insanity > 10% more fighting skill gain and Body Stam

Love > 10% more nature skill gain and Soul Depth

Knowledge > 10% crafting skill gain and Mind Logic

On 11/16/2021 at 10:53 AM, Trash said:

I just want Pok on pvp! :(

On 11/16/2021 at 10:31 AM, raxias said:

yep keep it simple 👍

copy paste knowledge 11 to the rest of the 11's and allow people to path up to it or do what raxias suggested. why ruin anything by adding stuff the majority don't want anyway

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 4

Plenty stuff that makes Chaoss bad that isnt meditation such as hell horses, unicorns, rare horse gear, champions, farwalkers, old ass stuff like master bags of keeping, res stones with corpse grabbing, weapon imbues and the list goes on.

I just think its nice to have a character class/build sort of

What's with all the "give us +25% gains for free", lol? You want +25% gains then go PoK, that's what it's there for.

The only issue regarding meditation is SotG/Insanity being overpowered in PvP, but that's easy to fix. It's already been scaled back once, so just scale it back again until players are genuinely undecided about which path to choose. Simple.

Regarding players going to Freedom and using PoK (or not) to skill, this is a direct result of there being no two-way skill transfer between Epic and Freedom, and it will persist until this is addressed. There is a two-way portal between Epic and Freedom, yet the gains only go one way. Obviously addressing it is not easy given there are now two skilling systems, but we are where we are. This thread addresses what could be done to attract players back to Epic:

Until something is done concerning player activity then there can be no two-way skill transfer, and ultimately nothing will change.

I can't speak for Defiance as I've never been there, and can't go there. But specifically regarding balancing meditation abilities on PvP servers, just uncap them and then nerf SotG until players start to balk and choose other paths, problem solved.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mowglia said:

What's with all the "give us +25% gains for free", lol? You want +25% gains then go PoK, that's what it's there for.

The only issue regarding meditation is SotG/Insanity being overpowered in PvP, but that's easy to fix. It's already been scaled back once, so just scale it back again until players are genuinely undecided about which path to choose. Simple.

Regarding players going to Freedom and using PoK (or not) to skill, this is a direct result of there being no two-way skill transfer between Epic and Freedom, and it will persist until this is addressed. There is a two-way portal between Epic and Freedom, yet the gains only go one way. Obviously addressing it is not easy given there are now two skilling systems, but we are where we are. This thread addresses what could be done to attract players back to Epic:

Until something is done concerning player activity then there can be no two-way skill transfer, and ultimately nothing will change.

I can't speak for Defiance as I've never been there, and can't go there. But specifically regarding balancing meditation abilities on PvP servers, just uncap them and then nerf SotG until players start to balk and choose other paths, problem solved.

Everything this guy said is wrong and uninformed

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 5

On 11/23/2021 at 4:07 PM, Mowglia said:

It would need to be scaled back to 0% then. I would take 0.1% DR over 25% skill gain on Defiance. Because I'd just have 25% skill gain on the PvE side anyways and skill there (current problem).

• Like 2

Option 3. 

Or something simple. The issue is like the other guys say PoK on freedom is a quick portal away. Not just the DR from Insanity. 

Edited by Zzzomar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, feldoh said:

I think we should disable PoK on NFI :)

Little late for that, just leaves a huge window of opportunity for freedomers.

Already bad enough theyve been able to have 25% skillgain on us for a year almost now, so should be like 3 months ahead on skilling.

Edited by Joemog

Out of curiosity, can you guys from NFI xfer your gains on Defiance to the rest of NFI? The specific problem we have on Epic is gains only go from Freedom to Epic, and are effectively deleted going the other way.

The only reasons I go to Freedom to skill (which after 7 years I just started doing) is because I lose the gains on Epic anywhere other than Epic, Epic is a small community, and Epic's long term future is highly and ever-increasingly uncertain. Personally speaking, 25% gains from PoK would not be enough to tempt me to go and skill on a PvE server.

Of the players I know on Epic all use SotG, but only some bother going to SFI to skill. The skill differential is now so large it would set some players back so far it's just not worth it. I suppose NFI is a different story being such a new cluster.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sindusk said:

It would need to be scaled back to 0% then. I would take 0.1% DR over 25% skill gain on Defiance. Because I'd just have 25% skill gain on the PvE side anyways and skill there (current problem).

Sure, but that's just you.

You can keep your 0.1% DR and give me PoP or even PoL. G'luck with that 0.1% DR, lol.

• Like 1