Sign in to follow this  
Ogare

Rarity info

The Following is useful information. How or where would I add it? I ask because Wurmpedia has a bad atmosphere for editing (IMO) and I don't want to add things that will just get removed.

1. Hourly rarity window.
    1. on average, once an hour a 20 sec rarity window is created for a character. This is probability based so it could happen two, three, or more times in an hour. Likewise it may not happen at all for two, three or more hours.
      1. There is no way to tell when your window is other then seeing the MOI notification. The notification occurs when an action started within the window finishes.
      2. Starting and succeeding a creation action during the window will move on to the rolls for rarity level.
      3. Starting and succeeding a improve action and passing an additional 20% chance will move forward to the rarity level rolls.
      4. The duration of the rarity window can be extended up to 10 sec (to a total of 30 seconds)  by increasing village faith creation bonus.
      5. Any action that starts inside the window will generate a MOI notification when it finishes.
    2. The rarity level rolls are: rare 50.0%;  supreme F2P 1.0%, supreme paying 3.03%; fantastic F2P 0.01%, fantastic paying 0.0103%. These can also be expressed as: rare 1 in 2; supreme F2P 1 in 100, supreme paying 1 in 33; fantastic F2P 1 in 10,000, fantastic paying 1 in 9708.
  2. Adding items of rarity to complex constructions.
    1. Rarity chance for these is one in the total number of parts. For example, a forge has 22 parts. Every part of rarity added to the forge will do a 1 in 22 roll to transfer the rarity to the forge. This applies to the initial creation too. 
    2. Every attempt to attach a part of rarity will do the MOI chance roll and generate the MOI notification. You can fail the attach attempt and immediately try again with the same part of rarity.
    3. Simple creations that only have one or two parts don't receive this benefit.  A quick way to tell the difference is simple items only have two things under "Starting items" in the Crafting Recipes GUI. Whereas complex items have starting items and more listed under "Additional items".
  3. One percent chance to transfer rarity on improve.
    1. There is a one percent chance to transfer rarity form improve material to the target item. This requires that that the improvement material be completely consumed for the action; Thus, you only get one chance to transfer. It also requires that the improve action succeed.
    2. Improving doesn't have a minimum material weight so it's common to create things with the rare material to get it's weight down to where it will be fully consumed in one improve action.
    3. There is no MOI notification for this.

I'd suggest that before any acronyms are used, you write out the full words at the first useage first. The acronym can then be used in following occurrences.  That's pretty much a standard for writing. Though the Wurmpedia's very useful for veteran players, new players won't automatically know what, for example, an 'MOI' is.

nobody hates the current policies more than me but i also do a little editing once in a while, i think the staff would recommend that you write this as a standalone guide, like this examples :https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Player_Made_Guides and them maybe link it to the external links section on this page https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rarity_system

that should avoid it being deleted.

Edit: also tristanc does make a good point. its better if you explains thing for everybody to understand.

Edited by Tpikol