Sign in to follow this  
Mirowen

Uniques: Scale, Hide and blood, public and private.

16 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

The issue is, even the uniques that only give blood are still private for the most part. If you take a look at Niarja you can see every unique slayed recently on each server. Just taking a quick look you can see a bunch of private Troll Kings, Forest Giant and Goblin Leaders. They only give out bloods, yet they are still private. The reason being that the players that want the hide and scale market to stay high, also want the blood market to stay high. While the uniques definitely need some sort of solution, I fear this is far from the answer. 

Even if I give you the motion that Humanoids are being slayed privately, how does that mean this idea would worsen that current situation? Giving people the choice to host their dragon/drake slayings public with no loss should mean we'd see at least a slight increase in public slayings. Keep in mind too that most of the money that comes from private slayings comes from the hide/scale. 

Also, unless I missed some it looks to me like the past 4 months of Humanoids on NFI have been public. That first one might have been private, but Troll King is pretty common and less and less people show up to them.

pboAMl2.png

Also also, neat to look at the public dragon/drake slayings over the past 4 months. Of which there were no drakes. 

xYX6S80.png

Edited by Zuelatak

2 minutes ago, Zuelatak said:

Even if I give you the motion that Humanoids are being slayed privately too how does that mean this idea would worsen that current situation?

Also, unless I missed some it looks to me like the past 4 months of Humanoids on NFI have been public. That first one might have been private, but Troll King is pretty common and less and less people show up to them.

pboAMl2.png

I am not saying that it would worsen the situation, I just don't feel it would better it. And if a change is implemented you can't just look at NFI. You have to also look at SFI.

Independence

Troll King

2021-11-13 05:15:46 PM

Independence

Goblin Leader

2021-10-28 03:55:54 PM

Xanadu

Forest Giant

2021-10-24 03:08:09 PM

Exodus

Troll King
14 2021-10-16 02:39:27 PM
Chaos

Forest Giant
9 2021-10-09 05:42:34 PM
Exodus

Goblin Leader
21 2021-09-25 06:06:03 PM

Exodus

Forest Giant
21 2021-09-25 05:30:53 PM
Chaos

Forest Giant
8 2021-09-04 05:53:42 PM

I can keep going, but I feel the point is made. If a change is going to be implemented it has to benefit both server clusters. Not just one or the other. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

I am not saying that it would worsen the situation, I just don't feel it would better it. And if a change is implemented you can't just look at NFI. You have to also look at SFI.

I can't look at SFI cause I have no experience there. Are you 100% sure those are private slayings or just low pop? Cause they just look like low pop to me. Depending on the change you may not need to look at both. Unless you can provide a reason why this would be a problem for SFI and not NFI. I also don't think it HAS to benefit both servers. Just that it doesn't hinder either. The problem mainly has to do with NFI specifically because of its high population, and low server amount (which means less uniques).

Again, even if I give you the motion that all of those are private slayings that has no bearing on whether or not the change is good. If the situation doesn't change then it doesn't change, but at least there's an option and an effort was made. I know for a fact that on NFI there will certainly be a positive change, and I don't see why you wouldn't see at least a slight increase on SFI. Not everyone is trying to choke the market ESPECIALLY for blood. It is within the interest of slayers to allow for more blood in the market so that they themselves can use that blood too. The money comes from the hide/scales, and that isn't being effected. For example, at the slaying I just did I have probably 1g+ worth of scale and 5s worth of blood. 

In fact, there is no "low pop" on SFI, at least not considerably lower than on NFI. Taking data from Niarja yesterday Dec 02 9pm GMT, there were 297  players on SFI PvE vs 310 on NFI PvE (25 on Chaos vs. 60 on Defiance and 11 on Epic). All in all. population on both clusters is widely at par, at least outside slayings where SFI frequently outnumbers NFI peaks, even during slayings (obviously more premed alts on SFI). No reason for arrogance.

Edit: This also refutes Tpicol's babble about players leaving in case of a cluster border opening. Both populations are stable (while not impressive), and it is hard to see why they should decline. Unique materials, scale and hide in particular, will hardly ever suffice on NFI with 3 servers versus 8 on SFI for this demand, not counted the stock of already finished sets from ten years backlog.

Edited by Ekcin

The only thing that must be changed is to increase the randomize of spawn locations.

It's unbelievable that people deeds whole mountains especially on little servers, only to be warned when their unique has spawned.

Give space to true seekers!

• Like 3

I found my deed destroyed, if they don't spawn they may walk anyway

Edited by Davy

majority of uniques are killed in small groups, this is not a personal lan server.. the game needs events for everybody, not purse focused groups stealing events from the majority, alts are another problem.. premium is premium.. if somebody wants to get more - let them, they pay just the same.. just make events that let people participate.. level the rewards by caused damage or w/e do or dont nerf some of that if some buff on spells etc as certain casts will improve hit and damage, lower rewards for alts that literally do nothing, but still they are paid premiums so.. give something to everyone.... reward the people actually doing something.. and rework the event into something everybody can participate rather than keeping the small group nonsense for few more years, every year it's the same.. tens of threads opened with same issue over and over again and nobody learning from it 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Finnn said:

the game needs events for everybody, not purse focused groups stealing events from the majority

Sounds like you should be in favor of this change then as it would allow everyone to collect bloods from dragon/drake slayings without upsetting those that host private slayings. Also, I believe this topic gets brought up over and over again because everyone keeps shooting down ideas that improve the game state because it's not the perfect solution that addresses every single problem people have. We need to think one step at a time. Positive direction is still positive. 

I believe Ekcin is also correct that uniques don't spawn on deeds. They may roam onto them tho.

Edited by Zuelatak

20 hours ago, Zuelatak said:

It is within the interest of slayers to allow for more blood in the market so that they themselves can use that blood.

this line is what this suggestion is about ,slayers getting more blood for themselves without having to give up anything, and nothing else.

so why all the lies to make it look pretty?  just say that this and nothing else is what you want, that would at least be honest.

2 hours ago, Zuelatak said:

Sounds like you should be in favor of this change then as it would allow everyone to collect bloods from dragon/drake slayings without upsetting those that host private slayings. Also, I believe this topic gets brought up over and over again because everyone keeps shooting down ideas that improve the game state because it's not the perfect solution that addresses every single problem people have. We need to think one step at a time. Positive direction is still positive. 

I believe Ekcin is also correct that uniques don't spawn on deeds. They may roam onto them tho.

you're joking.. I have 1 of the first replies to the thread... this is not good content, it's a bandaid helping small teams manage things, it's a cry for preserving the issue and expanding around it for comfort to the problem groups..

HOW can I be in favor of such nonsense?

10 hours ago, Finnn said:

majority of uniques are killed in small groups, this is not a personal lan server.. the game needs events for everybody, not purse focused groups stealing events from the majority,

I have to agree with Finnn here. Not everyone is out to build a massive coin account. Some of us just want an adventure. And preferably not one we have to reschedule our real life around.

6 hours ago, Tpikol said:

this line is what this suggestion is about ,slayers getting more blood for themselves without having to give up anything, and nothing else.

so why all the lies to make it look pretty?  just say that this and nothing else is what you want, that would at least be honest.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. There would be more blood because more players would show up and get the blood. The slayers would get more blood by buying it off those players just like anybody else cause now there'd by t times the blood in the market. This isn't a change to just benefit slayers. It benefits eveyone

6 hours ago, Finnn said:

it's a bandaid helping small teams manage things, it's a cry for preserving the issue and expanding around it for comfort to the problem groups..

Could you please explain how this is the case? I see it as a cry to help the issue and allow for people to suffer less in this system that needs changing. Would I rather be in this awful system of private slayings and have no blood flowing through the market or would I rather suffer in this awful system of private slayings but at least now have blood flowing through the market?

6 hours ago, Katrat said:

Not everyone is out to build a massive coin account. Some of us just want an adventure. And preferably not one we have to reschedule our real life around.

You already don't get the adventure. You already reschedule your time around current public slayings. This change would just provide more public slayings for more blood arguably allowing you to not stress as much with rescheduling. 

Edited by Zuelatak

52 minutes ago, Archaed said:

5wl8j2.jpg

I appreciate you took the time to make a meme for this thread. That's true and hilarious >.< However, they'd still be getting way more blood than they currently do and only the private slayers would get the hate which they already do and said they'd do public slayings if this change happened.

There will always be something to complain about in this game.

Edited by Zuelatak

2 hours ago, Zuelatak said:

You already don't get the adventure. You already reschedule your time around current public slayings. This change would just provide more public slayings for more blood arguably allowing you to not stress as much with rescheduling. 

No I don't get the adventure because I never get the chance to find one myself. And no I don't reschedule my life for these I simply don't go to them when they don't fit into my schedule. Which is 90% of the time so no I really don't get the adventure at all. Which is why I agree with Finnn in that the game needs events that are not monopolized. And events that don't have time constraints so that anyone at anytime could come across an adventure whatever that may be. And no I'm not saying that everyone should get their own personal Unique just a chance at an adventure of some kind. Not all adventures have to involve a slaying just something exiting and new.

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

thats not how the meme works finn

He just needs to use a smaller font it'll all work out

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

thats not how the meme works finn

Shhh, it's my favourite. 

I'm currently turning it into an NFT 

• Like 1

So I've avoided posting here because the OP was a big case of "neat enough idea, I wouldn't use it, it doesn't address the big issues with uniques but it also looks like it doesn't want to and that's okay not every suggestion does" but it's time for me to come in swinging.

Given how few private humanoids allow the public to come for bloods, I don't see the wild claims of a massive increase semi-public slayings holding much merit. Humanoids are already a case of "only the blood distributes, everything else is on the corpse" and we need only to look at those to perhaps see how the dragons will go.

I will now once again plug that, in my opinion, the best solution will be to have spawns be driven by collaborative player effort over a long time, perhaps as some kind of long-term goal of some kind of "exploration update." Then, if you want blood/scale/whatever, it's up to you to get out of your deed, gather some companions, and let your own blood sweat and tears cause that to happen - rather than the current system of competing with organized teams that have a near stranglehold on the searches. Yeah, I know, I'm one of those teams.

Also,

On 12/3/2021 at 10:17 AM, Davy said:

I found my deed destroyed, if they don't spawn they may walk anyway

In all of my massive experience searching for uniques, I've never seen one spawn on (or even particularly near) a deed. They only ever seem to trash places if they're a wandering type (I've only seen these on Epic, maybe Chaos gets them too) or are carefully led into a deed (even then they don't like to trash more than they have to)

• Like 4

On 12/4/2021 at 12:26 AM, Katrat said:

No I don't get the adventure because I never get the chance to find one myself. And no I don't reschedule my life for these I simply don't go to them when they don't fit into my schedule. Which is 90% of the time so no I really don't get the adventure at all. Which is why I agree with Finnn in that the game needs events that are not monopolized. And events that don't have time constraints so that anyone at anytime could come across an adventure whatever that may be. And no I'm not saying that everyone should get their own personal Unique just a chance at an adventure of some kind. Not all adventures have to involve a slaying just something exiting and new.

Sounds like we agree here then? I said you don't get the adventure already and you already have to reschedule. If you don't choose to then that's fine you're just missing out on even more dragons where if this change happened there'd be more opportunities to make public slayings. We ALL agree that dragons need changing and that it's a ridiculous monopoly system right now. However, it's been like at least like what ~8 years I'm guessing, and we've seen no change and no one actually allowing change. Reworking the system would be an awesome future, but we can take positive steps while we work towards that rework. Especially a simple one like this that addresses a large factor of those private slayings. 

Again, I haven't heard any reasons why we shouldn't be getting more blood in the system. And while I love all the ideas floating around in this forum were here to discuss the OPs idea. If you're going to change the topic to your idea please make a new post about it. 

23 hours ago, Stanlee said:

Given how few private humanoids allow the public to come for bloods, I don't see the wild claims of a massive increase semi-public slayings holding much merit

As you said, FEW private humanoids. I'd rather have a FEW private dragons than all of them. These aren't wild claims. I have Bleu's word that if this system was implemented the way the forum says that he'd be hosting public slayings. That's a majority of the slayings on NFI already, and I can't imagine everyone else is heartless enough to not host at least some public slayings. 

1 hour ago, Zuelatak said:

Sounds like we agree here then? I said you don't get the adventure already and you already have to reschedule. If you don't choose to then that's fine you're just missing out on even more dragons where if this change happened there'd be more opportunities to make public slayings. We ALL agree that dragons need changing and that it's a ridiculous monopoly system right now. However, it's been like at least like what ~8 years I'm guessing, and we've seen no change and no one actually allowing change. Reworking the system would be an awesome future, but we can take positive steps while we work towards that rework. Especially a simple one like this that addresses a large factor of those private slayings. 

I'm all for positive steps and I never said I was against the OP I was just agreeing with a particular statement I saw in the responses. As for the bloods I really don't use them so honestly I have no say in that regard. But the one thing I do know about blood is that a band-aid is never a good fix for a hemorrhage.

8 hours ago, Zuelatak said:

Again, I haven't heard any reasons why we shouldn't be getting more blood in the system. And while I love all the ideas floating around in this forum were here to discuss the OPs idea. If you're going to change the topic to your idea please make a new post about it. 

As you said, FEW private humanoids. I'd rather have a FEW private dragons than all of them. These aren't wild claims. I have Bleu's word that if this system was implemented the way the forum says that he'd be hosting public slayings. That's a majority of the slayings on NFI already, and I can't imagine everyone else is heartless enough to not host at least some public slayings. 

I get the point that is trying to be made with this suggestion, but I think it comes across as being more greedy then ever. It sounds like to some people that I've talked to that the private teams want more blood but not give up the real profit involved. If the goal was to just have more bloods, the fix is simple, just have more public slayings. As it seems this private team wants to keep the real rewards private but benefit from the bloods that would flood the market. I hope you can see how this can be perceived as being greedy, especially by those that are against private teams to begin with. It does not help that it also appears that most those that are for this system are members of the most well known private team on NFI, including yourself Zuelatak, which at last look this team has killed near 50 uniques in 1 year. Yes the public would benefit from there being more blood, but you want the best of both worlds. This does not seem like a fix to me, as the goal is to just flood the market with cheep bloods, not to actually make the content accessible to more players.

Let me state that I am fine with there being private teams, as it is the way the game is set up right now. I do think that there should be a rework of the system and that the game/community would benefit from a system that that would get more people involved with any kind of content that is considered "end game".

You state that this suggestion will address a large factor of the private slayings, by letting there be more bloods. But this does not need fixing, as it is an issue that is caused by the very team that is making this suggestion. The solution is already there, make the slayings public, stop holding private slayings. But you won't do that as the profit for holding them private is to great. Keeping the profit to a select group of people while trying to flood the market with more blood that the same group of people will then benefit from, under the guise of doing it for the betterment of the public...comes across as a pretty slimy thing to do.

After thinking about this some more...this suggestion is asking the dev team to add something to the game that will directly benefit those on the private teams. A very small and select group of people, and you want the devs to take time out to set something up to help you keep a hold on the profit of slayings while at the same time get the blood that the very teams create the shortage of.....

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, gnomegates said:

I get the point that is trying to be made with this suggestion, but I think it comes across as being more greedy then ever. It sounds like to some people that I've talked to that the private teams want more blood but not give up the real profit involved. If the goal was to just have more bloods, the fix is simple, just have more public slayings. As it seems this private team wants to keep the real rewards private but benefit from the bloods that would flood the market. I hope you can see how this can be perceived as being greedy, especially by those that are against private teams to begin with. It does not help that it also appears that most those that are for this system are members of the most well known private team on NFI, including yourself Zuelatak, which at last look this team has killed near 50 uniques in 1 year. Yes the public would benefit from there being more blood, but you want the best of both worlds. This does not seem like a fix to me, as the goal is to just flood the market with cheep bloods, not to actually make the content accessible to more players.

Let me state that I am fine with there being private teams, as it is the way the game is set up right now. I do think that there should be a rework of the system and that the game/community would benefit from a system that that would get more people involved with any kind of content that is considered "end game".

You state that this suggestion will address a large factor of the private slayings, by letting there be more bloods. But this does not need fixing, as it is an issue that is caused by the very team that is making this suggestion. The solution is already there, make the slayings public, stop holding private slayings. But you won't do that as the profit for holding them private is to great. Keeping the profit to a select group of people while trying to flood the market with more blood that the same group of people will then benefit from, under the guise of doing it for the betterment of the public...comes across as a pretty slimy thing to do.

After thinking about this some more...this suggestion is asking the dev team to add something to the game that will directly benefit those on the private teams. A very small and select group of people, and you want the devs to take time out to set something up to help you keep a hold on the profit of slayings while at the same time get the blood that the very teams create the shortage of.....

Yep I have to agree with all of this right here