Sign in to follow this  
Nirav

Rockcliff Museum

Tonight, mist rises from the water in the Inner Sea.  The brilliant colors of daytime become wrapped up in blues and darkened under the blinking stars. I haven’t set a date for the opening yet.  It’s Day of Tears in week 2 of the starfall of the Digging in the year 1105. I’m chopping marble into bricks for fencing, and dreaming of the glow of light coming from a museum full of people, ghosts walking with the rest of us here, their stories hovering in the air like a song. The empty building stands there behind me, waiting to be filled. But I haven’t built the other two buildings that need to be here.  Still so much to do…

But right now, with this simple task of making bricks for fencing, on this Day of Tears, my eyes water with the nostalgia that flows through this game, under everything, like the water that we sail on, that water we dig to find on the hillside, that water that sits like hope in the darkness of our mines. I remember those who have gone on beyond the veil, and hang my head, with a joy that I got to know them at all. I think of vast estates I sailed by in years past, now fallen, or so vanished as to not have left much trace at all, and feel lucky to have seen them in their glory. On this Day of Tears, I think of us, and how the world we make falls through our hands like sand even as we grab a pile to mix with clay to make mortar for our next new creations.

Something is coming, Wurmians.  Soon, I hope to honor you all.

Edited by Nirav
  • Like 8

Thank You for keeping it alive my first deed 'Bachus's Landing' was right beside Rockcliff  and Tich was the best neighbor a newbie could ask for so that place means a lot to me.  

• Like 2