Sign in to follow this  
Lisabet

Dechamping and prayer/exorcism

I've discovered that back in 2011 when permadeath was removed for Champions and losing 1 in all characteristics when you dechamped was added in, while it didn't go into those patchnotes you also have your prayer and exorcism skills reset to 30 if they were over 30 when you became a Champion.  This is a mechanic and not a bug, but my suggestion is that losing 1 in all characteristics is certainly 'punishment' enough for becoming a Champion.  That is also a well known and well documented loss from back in 2011.  I don't personally believe that if you have 50-60 prayer before becoming a Champion you should get dropped to 30 when you lose Champion status.  Those points in prayer were hard earned and existed before, they should be retained after in my opinion.  Especially now for priests needing 70 prayer for their journal chapter.

• Like 1

Or they could just implement perma death again and people won’t have to worry about journals. The idea behind being a champion is that you are they centerpiece of your kingdoms pvp, not some freedom journal goal chaser. 6 months is plenty of time to gain a point for each stat so when you lose champion status you don’t lose anything. All of the ramifications are stated clearly in the wiki and people should know the consequences before champing. Regardless of the journals your prayer would’ve still been reset and is a useless skill besides having it for the journal. You were a champion twice, one time being in 2015 and the other in 2017. You knew the consequences going in regardless of an update concerning goals. It sounds like a sideways lame attempt to regain a skill you lost.

I'm not arguing against losing 1 in attributes; I'm saying that having prayer and exorcism reset to 30 is unnecessary.  The wiki was only updated last February to show that those two skills drop back down to 30; before then it was not a documented thing.

*edit* You may not have noticed or even cared, but I haven't pvp'd or been active on chaos since early 2018.  This is not a change I need at all, it's something that would add QoL to players actually pvping currently.

Edited by Lisabet

I'll give you a +1 if for no other reason than to cancel out the -1 above :)cause that response was just rude

• Like 3