Sign in to follow this  
Sinnjinn

Harry Troll King and the Goblins will be performing!!!

Harry Trollking
& the goblins

Friday 12th
10pm (us)EST
Ladies and gentlemen, it is our pleasure to invite you to the hippest
new deed on cadence, for one night and one night only, Harry Trollking
will be appearing without the goblins due to a slight case of “Death” we
are sure they’ll be fine though. We will be updating the location closer
to the event time to keep Mr. Trollking from being king trolled. We look
forward to seeing you there.

The FUNK team is proud to bring you another public slaying.  This Troll King was found by Drush, and when he needed help, FUNK came to the rescue.  So lets get together, have some fun and see what Ol Harry has in store for us.timer_E1636772333.svg

I've just been informed that Harry will be performing his #1 SMASH hit  'I'm gonna bash your brains with my big ###### club'  My sources tell me that it was the rehearsal of this that led to the 'the Goblins' not being able to attend the performance.  But make sure you come and get a front row seat!  You don't want to miss it

The performance is being held at i-22 right next to Belfort Homestead.  It's not on the map, but it's on the highway.  The last waystone before you get to Belfort says "Belfort Homestead (25)'  keep going East about 35 tiles and there will be a road (not a highway) that forks off to the NE.  Take that path for about 20 tiles until you see a small 4 tile patch of tar on your left (west of the road).  Turn left there and it' just a few tiles down the hill.

Edited by Sinnjinn
  • Like 6

Wonderful FUNK TEAM, another public event, love to see so meny player at same spot. Hope it will be as good as the goblin on harmony, not som lagt there, but we was not over 400+ either 😀

Can I ask a question? Seeing as you are using caves and deeds to lock these uniques away safely until the slaying starts, why the need for holding the location secret for so long? I'd love to be able to hop in my boat, sail over to the area, ride up and log out knowing i'm within 5 minutes or so of the slaying when I log back in, but with you all keeping locations secret that's not really as easy to do. Maybe i'm missing something here but it seems that using the systems in the game that you are using there is no real need to keep the locations secret for so long

• Like 2

I think it is mostly old habit and to be fully secure. With the current rules on the uniques including Damocles Enkis sword and such it is not really necessary anymore to be secretive.

Edited by Jaz

3 hours ago, zanderwild said:

Can I ask a question? Seeing as you are using caves and deeds to lock these uniques away safely until the slaying starts, why the need for holding the location secret for so long? I'd love to be able to hop in my boat, sail over to the area, ride up and log out knowing i'm within 5 minutes or so of the slaying when I log back in, but with you all keeping locations secret that's not really as easy to do. Maybe i'm missing something here but it seems that using the systems in the game that you are using there is no real need to keep the locations secret for so long

Because there are people like Aleck.  He stole a unique from his former team and the person who found it.  He used trickery more then blunt force, but the GMs were called and they didn't do anything.  And people have successfully stolen uniques in the past.  The placing of the deed makes it much more difficult, but not impossible.  

Lol, you need therapy or something, Sinnjinn. The GMs ruled in my favor as the deed owner, but I know that's hard to understand all of the details for someone who wasn't involved.

But why let a good internet beef with a total stranger die, right?

Zanderwild,

Another reason to keep locations secret is to try to prevent people you dislike from making it to public slays as easily. You know, since it is actually against the rules to ban people from them if they're public.

13 minutes ago, Aleck said:

The GMs ruled in my favor as the deed owner

Yes you made the deed because at the time you were a member of the team who was going to slay it, and the person who found it was giving it to that team.  You then decided to keep it for yourself instead of having the team slay it.  You stole it from Auxo, and stabbed your team in the back.  Auxo didn't give it to YOU, he was giving to the team and you know it.  You didn't find it, you didn't buy it, you didn't trade or barter for it.  You stole it

23 minutes ago, Aleck said:

Another reason to keep locations secret is to try to prevent people you dislike from making it to public slays as easily. You know, since it is actually against the rules to ban people from them if they're public.

??  I'm confused.  Keeping the location secret until the day of I'm making it harder for you to attend, as opposed to someone else?  because it's easier for other people how?  Yea one of us needs therapy

• Like 1

??  I'm confused.  Keeping the location secret until the day of I'm making it harder for you to attend, as opposed to someone else?  because it's easier for other people how?  Yea one of us needs therapy

Ah, my apologies. I thought this was a thread for sharing paranoid delusions. :D

I agree, you probably don't do things other than push another toxic person's drama for my sake. But it's fun to imagine, isn't it?

Talk about asking a simple question and getting very complicated answers. Well thanks to loads more drama and childishness than I ever imagined possible i'll just continue rushing to slayings at the last moment and hoping I can find the location on time. Clearly thinking people were mature enough to do things in a civil way on PVE servers was expecting too much

• Like 1

To answer your question Zander,

Uniques tunnel like players when trapped, searching for a way out. You aren't allowed to break them out directly, but there have been cases, even on NFI where someone facilitates the unique escaping on its own. 

It is then free game. 

You could also have the situation where the unique pen is not secure, it is at risk of breaking out on its own just as a nature of the area (lots of tunnels, etc). If it breaks out on its own, it is again free game. 

Maybe the folks around if you declared a week in advance will honor your claim, but maybe not.

• Like 3

Anyone sailing in is more than welcome to park at Astramere's docks! It's a straight trek up the highway west from my deed and I'll be around to give directions to send people on their way!

Astramere is at H22 and sits right above the Astramere Canal, you cant miss it!

• Like 2

Who needs slayings when you can have the drama of those involved lol *grabs popcorn

• Like 1