Sign in to follow this  
bigtree

Allow personal merchants to buy

Allow personal merchants to buy raw resources. 

A UI could include a drop down of raw resources and boxes to enter a quality range.

The buying player sets the price they are willing to pay and quantity desired. 

Coin must be added to the merchant to pay the selling player. 

Rares and finished products are not available to buy in this way.

Edited by bigtree
  • Like 3

I like the idea, but i cant see that this is something that will be used.

Is the suggestion to allow me to set my merchant to purchase mats from others for me, then I am all for it.

Maybe this could be a new kind of crate that I place down near my merchant, select what mats I want and set a price. Then other players can deposit the mats into the crate and receive money (from my bank). This would really provide an incentive for markets to be used and provide a way for new players to get into the economy.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Is the suggestion to allow me to set my merchant to purchase mats from others for me, then I am all for it.

Maybe this could be a new kind of crate that I place down near my merchant, select what mats I want and set a price. Then other players can deposit the mats into the crate and receive money (from my bank). This would really provide an incentive for markets to be used and provide a way for new players to get into the economy.

Yes this exactly. I think this would help new players and would be beneficial to existing players by providing a way to getting mats without arranging wagoner's or handoffs and probably at a lower cost. Also provides a way to dump mats you don't want but also don't have thousands of them.

• Like 2