Sign in to follow this  
thicket

cowbells?

When the cows are equipped with cowbell, and they walk, do we hear more cowbell?

Edited by Vooch
clarification

I would love to do a "Cow with Cowbell Race" around the fighting arena...  just imagine all those riders with cows cowbelling during the race!!!  Yeehaw!

Sounds like everyone wants the Fisher Price Toys at https://www.fisher-price.com/ where the cow goes mooooo and the sheep goes baaaaa.  I don't think this game is designed for Ages 4-6.  However, if the cows go moooo and the sheep go baaaaa, that's fine with me.  Cows that go moooo with a cow bell attached to them... perhaps the cow bell sounds only work/sound while leading one, that would be better...  

Edited by Vooch
clarification

1 hour ago, Vooch said:

Sounds like everyone wants the Fisher Price Toys at https://www.fisher-price.com/ where the cow goes mooooo and the sheep goes baaaaa.   I don't think this game is designed for Ages 4-6.

You are aware, I hope, that isn't only TOY animals that make noises.  Cows and sheep are not actually silent in the real world.  We would just like that little bit of realism, where they aren't some silent animation.  Currently they make a noise when fighting, when dying, and when being branded - as far as I know that's it.    

Contented cows generally don't moo, granted, but "not contented" could just be that the grass they want to eat is on the other side of a fence or they need milking or they can't see their friend.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 4

Well, if given the choice between more Cowbell and more Walken, I really hope you make the right choice here today, before it's too late. Those are cows, and when there's a hole in your fence, they be walkin'. Voted!

personal thought: NOPE... player bells, npc random sounds in local.. npc bells.. and other jingles.. nope.. let me opt out of that stuff, where's the button

On 11/11/2021 at 10:50 AM, DaletheGood said:

yeah, we need moos and bells, and while we're at it, baa's for sheep too

Yes! I'm meh for the moos but we have to have baas. I would keep sheep around just to hear them baa ever now and then. 

Add new animal traits. "more talkative" , "less talkative"

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

personal thought: NOPE... player bells, npc random sounds in local.. npc bells.. and other jingles.. nope.. let me opt out of that stuff, where's the button

The 'quit' button can be found by pressing the escape key. jk

+1 Personally I think Wurm is too sleepy quiet and I want to hear them all, all the animal noises and the cowbells oh and jingle bells too! Just grant the same option as with the music so those who want silence can have it.

An added note: The animals making some sort of noise would help new players find them easier instead of blindly bypassing them because they are unaware they don't make noises, particularly in a thick wooded area where visuals are often blocked.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 2