Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Saddled, Cared For Horse Moved Itself, then Died

Support ticket made, but not very active in game.

Seems my horse (branded, cared for, saddled) decided to move itself about 10 tiles away from where it was, onto a paved tile off deed, then die.

Edit:

I've left the corpse untouched, if a staff member needs to investigate that. Let me know, can log on to show, thx.

I should add that this pony had a Nameplate used on it, if maybe that could be the cause? The chanted grass tile she was on, was fine. Also, her sister was still saddled and parked on the enchanted grass tile, next to the spot.

Was 16 days since last seen the horse in it's place. Does a fat horse starve in 16 days?

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Support ticket made, but not very active in game.

Seems my horse (branded, cared for, saddled) decided to move itself about 10 tiles away from where it was, onto a paved tile off deed, then die.

I had two horses on wild grass - cared-for, saddled, branded, hitched to a cart.  I think it was with the AH update or something, but the grass turned to packed dirt.  I had been a few weeks between log ins but when I did, I went to move them to a new tile, as is my habit, and where my two horses should have been were piles of horsehoes and tack.  Weirdly, at the same time, one of my spare sets of saddle bags also disappeared from a shelf (where there where 2 sets, there was now only 1).  I just assumed nothing could/would be done about it, as nothing has before when I have ticketed these issues, so didn't even bother raising a ticket.  

Also not very active in game, and I wonder if that has something to do with it.

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

Also not very active in game, and I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Added additional info to first post.

Yeah came by to check out some new stuff, but this changed my mind.  :(

Animals even cared for will die eventually.

Leaving them for long periods of time, despite me not knowing if that has an effect on them, 

for sure need grooming. 

Occasionally, when I read posts like this I do think animals have a mind of their own on Wurm.

2 hours ago, jasminth said:

Leaving them for long periods of time, despite me not knowing if that has an effect on them, 

for sure need grooming. 

Checked logs. Was last on 16 days ago and all was fine.

• Like 2

This is scary. Wish you guys could fix saddled horses moving. Saddled horses should not move. Period. Explaining that cared for horses can still die is nice, but does not address how that saddled horse moved to a paved tile. As for cared for horses dieing. I had the distinct impression by a (I think it was DEV post on forum) that cared for animals should not die. Period. Unless they starve, are killed by attack, or get disease.

Other side issue not addressed is why that cared for horse did not give 'reason for death' when cursor over it.

Other issue is.. why no GM involvement in so long. What are you guys doing. Branded cared for horses that just move around and die is IMPORTANT.

PLEASE FIX SADDLES SO THEY WORK AGAIN.

I did not start my own post. But I had a saddled horse standing in a building. Other side of that building the horse was standing in, was a pile of grain. My saddled horse was on the 6th or 7th floor w/ me, I just happened to be watching as that horse walked across the floor and in my event tab it said that horse ate some of that grain, then the horse walked back to where it was standing. Why? Why did you break saddles? Is this intended or glitch? I hope it is a glitch and you will fix this. Saddled horses got to stay put to preserve players intention.

Hopefully you guys finally got around to assisting Gumbo on this issue by now.

Edited by TeeeBOMB

saddles are fine .. with the forced no movement.. but new trait just sets creatures to die once a tile is packed and there's nobody to babysit the creature... you can not remove the trait(seems stationary)

samesimilar problem, different view

Pregnancy can kill a cared-for horse, especially if the deed ratio's bad.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:32 AM, jasminth said:

Animals even cared for will die eventually.

Not sure about that. Somewhere on Desertion there's this cow on deed that's been there for almost 4 years now cared for. 

I think it's more related to the pregnancy issue - miscarriage and deed ratio. 

Haven't had any cared for horse suddenly kick the bucket.