Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Allow Kahvesi to be made in ovens

I just think it's kinda sucky to force us to make a campfire each time we want to make Kahvesi, since it's probably the most commonly desired one too.

There's really no balance to making it campfire only so maybe just consider it to cut us some slack, and allow it to be made on campfires still for travellers

• Like 11

the only thing i can see that should be campfire only is the roasted pig, other than that, why would something be only allowed to be made in a campfire? +1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaletheGood said:

the only thing i can see that should be campfire only is the roasted pig, other than that, why would something be only allowed to be made in a campfire? +1

..and sheep.  But yes, that is about all that should be campire-only.

• Like 1

counterproposal

do away with ovens and forge

campfire only

nomad surpremacy

• Like 2

imo better QoL will be to add option to extent aff/effect timer somehow.. ingredients or extra mechanic, w/e just to buff the currently limited to 27min timer..

also big qol will be allowing to drink past full thirst bar.... small things.. big change

why.. because of the insanely small amount of coffee we can brew at once.. in same container.. it requires a TON of pots/ibriks .. doesnt matter if you need forge/oven/campfire.. if you always need insane amount of small containers and managing liquids and tossing beans around.. instead of brewing 1 big "pot" (*cough* cauldron for the typical big fat wurmian..)

• Like 1

You can combine ground coffee to produce more per container. 9 is the max without alot of waste. Not amazing but beats cooking rice for wine.

• Like 1

I agree its more convient to make kahvesi in a forge or oven, but making kahvesi in a campfire is certainly more oldschool and makes it more exclusive kind of coffee.

But making the campfire last longer by imping it like a forge or oven and/or a make it a more permanent item would be nice yes!

Or make a campfire not disappear after its burned up but let it snuff and decay over time at a rate of the food-decay.

Edited by TommyG

Turkish coffee is brewed by placing an ibrik on coals, and wouldn't work in an oven. 

Given its the most potent one, it sounds like that is the balance? 

So there's cultural and balance reasons behind it. 

Edited by Archaed
  • Like 2

Perhaps add a permanent campfire. What that you can make and improve like a normal stone item, and it won't fizz out and disappear when it runs out of fuel.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brattygirl said:

Perhaps add a permanent campfire. What that you can make and improve like a normal stone item, and it won't fizz out and disappear when it runs out of fuel.

+1 to the OP and this makes me think of a stone BBQ pit that uses charcoal. I think that would work quite well on deed as apposed to a temporary campfire.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 5:33 PM, Archaed said:

Turkish coffee is brewed by placing an ibrik on coals, and wouldn't work in an oven. 

Given its the most potent one, it sounds like that is the balance? 

So there's cultural and balance reasons behind it. 

Thats nonsense, turkish coffe can be made anywhere where wather can boil and in any container in real life. And this comes from a country where turkish coffe is drank a lot. Some traditional are made by putting copper ibriks in hot sand yeah, but they are mostly tourist attractions, for every day practical use cooked mostly on stove tops(which we don't have in wurm), interestingly same argument can be used for half hfc items in wurm, you can't fry an egg or fries in oven can't you?

I don't see anything balanced in forcing people to make the only coffein drink they wanna make outside in campfire instead in their setup kitchens on higher levels of buildings, it's just annoyance nothing more.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:37 PM, kochinac said:

Thats nonsense, turkish coffe can be made anywhere where wather can boil and in any container in real life. And this comes from a country where turkish coffe is drank a lot. Some traditional are made by putting copper ibriks in hot sand yeah, but they are mostly tourist attractions, for every day practical use cooked mostly on stove tops(which we don't have in wurm), interestingly same argument can be used for half hfc items in wurm, you can't fry an egg or fries in oven can't you?

I don't see anything balanced in forcing people to make the only coffein drink they wanna make outside in campfire instead in their setup kitchens on higher levels of buildings, it's just annoyance nothing more.

OK

• Like 1

+1 , there's no reason not to make them in ovens. It's just a drag making a campfire each time. 

-1 The whole caffeine thing already made beverages grind ridiculously easy (as it was ridiculously hard before), and kahvesi in ovens would allow to speed it up even more with close to no effort, creating hundreds if not thousands of kahvesi at a time. For normal personal use, something like 16-20 ibriks are more than sufficient to brew all kahvesi for an hour or two of burning SB (and I did not even know the combine 9 ground coffee hack).

Edit: sry Madnath, gl with your bevs -> 100 though. 😎

Edited by Ekcin

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

-1 The whole caffeine thing already made beverages grind ridiculously easy (as it was ridiculously hard before), and kahvesi in ovens would allow to speed it up even more with close to no effort, creating hundreds if not thousands of kahvesi at a time. For normal personal use, something like 16-20 ibriks are more than sufficient to brew all kahvesi for an hour or two of burning SB (and I did not even know the combine 9 ground coffee hack).

Edit: sry Madnath, gl with your bevs -> 100 though. 😎

Kahvesi is lower difficulty and an extra drag or two to make compared to just roasting the beans, so there'd be no real reason to actually grind kahvesi. I just want to remove the rubbish point where we're at, because we're filling cauldrons with ibriks to mass brew kahvesi for no real point or reason

6 hours ago, Archaed said:

Can you have multiple ibriks in one vampire 

Only if they consent

• Like 2