Sign in to follow this  
Eeonns

Bridge from ground floor to 2nd storey in a house?

I was asking in chat how can I get my cart to drive up/down stairs and someone said I can build a bridge connecting ground floor to second floor on the outside of the house.

Does anyone have an example of how this looks like? I have never done bridges before. What does it connect to? A balcony?

Hello,

I do and I made a clumsy little diagram to help explain it too. :)

The image below has two examples from my deed: one going straight into a building (you can do this through an arch or doorway but for ease, build the bridge before you complete the doorway if that's what you're going for), and one going up onto a building that wraps around it. I've also included a diagram for if you want to have bridges up to multiple levels, in which case you can't have the wrap-around but you can have a building with a series of 1+ tile 'notches' on the side that the bridges connect to.

The important thing to remember is that bridges have a max 20 slope and buildings will be 33 high (for the first floor) and an extra 30 high for each level after, so you have to allow at least two tiles per level for your bridge and there must be no buildings underneath it (i.e. you can't make the space under your higher bridges part of the ground-floor of the building).

Hope that helps but if it's not clear or you have further questions, I'm happy to help.

Bridges-to-upper-levels.jpg

• Like 7

You can also make "donut" house where middle part of the house is outside area and you can place bridge on to that outside area in middle of house.

Wow, thanks for taking the time to make a diagram! This explains it to me very clearly, appreciate your help!

(this should honestly go on the wiki :) )

Edited by Eeonns
  • Like 2