Sign in to follow this  
Vorticella

Affinity recipe not working properly

I tried to make an affinity pizza for stone cutting, and it gave me mind logic. I tried again in case I made a mistake, but got the same result. Then I tried with a meal and got the same thing. I've tried multiple recipes with and without nuts, and every time it gives mind logic when it should give stone cutting. I've made loads of affinity foods for myself and others before with no issues. All my previously made affinity foods are still working normally, and when I tried making a new mind logic meal that also worked fine. It seems like just this one specific meal is somehow broken.

I also tried making a stone cutting meal for Drogos to see if it was something with the recipe for stone cutting, but that worked fine. So it's just this one specific meal, and apparently just on my character. Very strange!

So, I tried to make the same meal, which should give me Rake, but it gave me Cooking! :o

Edit, I mixed Tuxi's and my numbers when testing me. I have the checkbox on, and when testing again, I see this bug does not affect me.

Edited by Drogos

Anyone posting here, have you toggled the affinity fix on? This is one way and will void any and all affinity calculators 

Just now, neopherus said:

Anyone posting here, have you toggled the affinity fix on? This is one way and will void any and all affinity calculators 

Nope, haven't touched that

Can someone confirm if I check that box, will I need to remake all the affinity food I made before?

Just now, Vorticella said:

Can someone confirm if I check that box, will I need to remake all the affinity food I made before?

You will, yes. As mentioned above, ticking the affinity fix will change all affinities tied to your toon.

Yikes. Well, I can just live without a stone cutting meal. Thanks for clarifying that :)

There is a bug that some players cannot get between 1 and 20 of possible affinities. Not all characters were affected, but turning on that checkbox will cause the new calculation to be used, which will reset all your current known affinity recipes, but will make it so you can get all affinities from food. 

• Like 1

Ah, thanks! Is this a know list of affinities that does not work, or is it different affinities for each character that does not work?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vorticella said:

Yikes. Well, I can just live without a stone cutting meal. Thanks for clarifying that :)

Are these actual 20+kg pizza or actual meals? meals can easily be replaced. It's silly to have a bugged char just because.

I tested this with the standard meal (bear+corn) and it still works as intended.

Before making a bug report post saying that affinity foods doesn't work, i reckon it might be a good idea to confirm if it's the affinity calculator you're using that is the problem or not.

8 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

Before making a bug report post saying that affinity foods doesn't work, i reckon it might be a good idea to confirm if it's the affinity calculator you're using that is the problem or not.

yeah, I did not write this, but I made a second calculator just for this purpose, to make sure the calculator used was correct.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:25 AM, Legios said:

Are these actual 20+kg pizza or actual meals? meals can easily be replaced. It's silly to have a bugged char just because.

I've been happily making myself affinity foods for well over a year, for pretty much every skill I spend time on and in all that time this is the first one I've come across that has failed. It's entirely possible that it's literally just this one that doesn't work for me, or maybe there are some others that I don't care about anyway.. so at the moment it's absolutely not worth it for me to replace everything just for that. Maybe later on when my cooking skill is significantly higher and my current supply is getting low anyway but right now it would be an awful lot of work for very little gain.

My character was created back in 2013 and I was on a break when the new cooking system came in. I remember seeing that box when I returned, but it didn't look like something I should touch. There's no explanation of what it actually does, just some scary red text saying checking that box can never be undone, so I stayed away from it. There should really be an explanation there saying what that box is and why we should or shouldn't click on it, because the way it is set up now it looks like something we should only touch if told to by a GM or something. It seems like it's automatically toggled on for new characters, so I guess this is just a problem for older ones.

• Cat 1