Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: A look at the QoL Update

Caffeine being for people who wants a short 30 min grind makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is that you have to plan really well to have your thirst at low enough value to be able to quickly set up for said 30 minute grind. I've had situations where it takes me an hour of just waiting for thirst dropping to even get to the point of 100 power for that short grind.

And for people with 10 minute buffs (~35ql coffee), i can imagine that this can at times get really annoying. Not that I would know, I've only ever used ql70, which I've done for a week or so. The fatigue part affects me way more, but I note both the fatigue part and the thirst part in my last comment to cover most people.

Edited by Borstaskor

5 hours ago, elentari said:

That being said, I do think a rework for fatigue should be considered for perhaps grinder - playstyles so their playtime isn't necessarily limited by fatigue. Perhaps as a reward for loyalty after a certain amount of prem time similar to how titles for prem are awarded?

200%

I understand the points made about coffee, I just think it's not good to put these cool mechanics in for people who can't play a lot only.

Bringing it down to x2 fatigue used means that anyone can use it. People with limited playtime can still squeeze in the same skillgain and burn SB at the same rate, but it means the players with more time aren't penalised so hard for using it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Madnath said:

200%

I understand the points made about coffee, I just think it's not good to put these cool mechanics in for people who can't play a lot only.

Bringing it down to x2 fatigue used means that anyone can use it. People with limited playtime can still squeeze in the same skillgain and burn SB at the same rate, but it means the players with more time aren't penalised so hard for using it.

I'm not sure I understand why people who have more time want to use this mechanic in the first place. You're just using up your sleep bonus faster. Once you run out, you need to either play without sleep bonus, or start using more sleep powder. If you have a lot of time to play, why would you want to do this?

Also, don't forget that the extra fatigue drain is only happening while you are using sleep bonus and with the caffeine effect. It's easy to control when you are affected by it. Just use it sparingly for things like meditation where you don't get to do it as often and want more progress at a time. Not for something like mining that you might be doing all day long to the point where fatigue is an issue.

Edited by Vorticella

17 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

What doesn't make sense is that you have to plan really well to have your thirst at low enough value to be able to quickly set up for said 30 minute grind. I've had situations where it takes me an hour of just waiting for thirst dropping to even get to the point of 100 power for that short grind.

And for people with 10 minute buffs (~35ql coffee), i can imagine that this can at times get really annoying. Not that I would know, I've only ever used ql70, which I've done for a week or so. The fatigue part affects me way more, but I note both the fatigue part and the thirst part in my last comment to cover most people.

I guess not everyone knows this, but there is a way to get your water bar down in no time, which could be used as a workaround until there is something better/easier.

There are 2 special moves that makes you character puke (lose water and food bars). They can be used with any maul or even a hammer/mallet: Sleepwalker (unlocked at 25 skill), Echo pain (at 50 skill). For more info: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Special_move

Basically just get an alt or ask friend for a spar and hit your character with special moves few times.

Sure, its not ideal nor most convenient way, but its something for now...  :D

48 minutes ago, Mantas said:

There are 2 special moves that makes you character puke (lose water and food bars).

Yeah a lot of people know those. Issue is that it is a pain in the butt to do so. I would rather have a passive debuff that drains water faster if you drink alcohol or coffee. Would make sense in the content of the game. 

On 11/6/2021 at 3:26 PM, DemonaNightshade said:
On 11/6/2021 at 4:04 PM, platinumteef said:

status report on enabling PoK for defiance for all paths at level 11 while keeping the other bonuses disabled?

is it being considered or have we just forgotten about defiance at this point? do we have a pvp dev still? 

bump is this being looked into at all, any feedback is appreciated

good stuff !! but you know after QoL patch definition is before QoL optimization ^^

A couple of QoL Items for the next iteration:

• Crate/BSBs right click gives a "take", which triggers the "how many items" UI .... I hate the mandatory drag and drop (or at least that's the only way I know)

• Animal naming right tied to the "can brand" role. I am a villager and do the AH stuff. Every time I get offsprings I can brand them, but need to have my mayor give them their name/ID suitable for my breeding log

•  I would love to have the same transfer script for BSB2chest/Cart as it is already implemented for BSB2Crate transfers

• in the "how many items" UI please put space between the most bottom number of items radio button and the send button. Can't count how many times I had clumsy fingers and missclicked ....

On 11/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, Borstaskor said:

Use a measuring cup set to 1g and only drink that amount when powering up your buff, you only need to loose a small amount of water to get and keep the buff.

To reset the timer, drink another 1g potion of the coffee or caffeine source and you'll be good for another, however long timer, it is.

Did the coffee filling up water get changed back in the last day? The first change where it filled up very little was much better, now it's back to filling up so fast I can't get enough sips in.

Or is it just me?

Edited by Omar

As Blacklotus said: If you sip from a measuring jug set to a low amount, or a reed pen, the caffeine effect still works. Does not mean that a lower filling of water bar would not make sense.

20 hours ago, Ekcin said:

As Blacklotus said: If you sip from a measuring jug set to a low amount, or a reed pen, the caffeine effect still works. Does not mean that a lower filling of water bar would not make sense.

On my NFI crafter it is a pretty struggle to not overfill the water bar. With a 9min timer and starting with about half water bar it is enough to forget 2 times to refill caffeine before the buff goes away to have issues with full water. Also seems that after a period of continuous use of coffee the water level is starting to fill more per sip.

We could really use qol.. with coffee to work like alcohols and to be able to drink even at full thirst bar; additionally extend the caffeine timer somehow.. skill/recipe..

Similar update to food/ccfp is needed with hunger and affinity buffs, resetting them from some kind of management.. per buff.. having that option to just eat one bite, reset or extent affinity timers(endgame 1 bite is all we need and to get the initial long timer)

Currently we can only handle this by keeping around spare premium alts, chain alt/mains to each other.. and use the helpful domestic violence and beating up your main until it pukes.. to make all thirst/hunger problems go away.. until next time..

not ideal solution..

23 hours ago, Jaz said:

On my NFI crafter it is a pretty struggle to not overfill the water bar. With a 9min timer and starting with about half water bar it is enough to forget 2 times to refill caffeine before the buff goes away to have issues with full water. Also seems that after a period of continuous use of coffee the water level is starting to fill more per sip.

If you're using a measuring cup set to 1g, and drinking just that amount it shouldn't fill your fluid at all. I've extensively used this method over the past week to raise my own beverages skill significantly thanks to coffee, and sleep powder.

13 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

If you're using a measuring cup set to 1g, and drinking just that amount it shouldn't fill your fluid at all. I've extensively used this method over the past week to raise my own beverages skill significantly thanks to coffee, and sleep powder.

Yes I use the 1g method too. It does not for the first ... maybe 1h of constant use then starts to fill quite large chunks in the water bar for me on SFI and NFI too.

9 hours ago, Jaz said:

Yes I use the 1g method too. It does not for the first ... maybe 1h of constant use then starts to fill quite large chunks in the water bar for me on SFI and NFI too.

Exactly how 'constant' are you using it. A block of water fills on drinking 200g of water. I did this method for close to 4 hours at a time several days in a row with no issue. You only need another drink when your timer is about to expire.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:26 AM, Jaz said:

enough to forget 2 times to refill caffeine before the buff goes away

13 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

Exactly how 'constant' are you using it. A block of water fills on drinking 200g of water. I did this method for close to 4 hours at a time several days in a row with no issue. You only need another drink when your timer is about to expire.

I DO forget...

Edited by Jaz