Sign in to follow this  
MrKettle

update won't load properly

I am trying to update but at the very end it fails because it says it cant copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.bak

This only happens on my non steam accounts, the steam one has no problems whatsoever but the other non steam ones will not load, I tried verifying but that did not work either

another wurm client is open and preventing overwriting the file, close any wurm processes in task manager or restart your computer

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

another wurm client is open and preventing overwriting the file, close any wurm processes in task manager or restart your computer

I have tried that twice now

no, this seems to be related to the monthly skin files

Cattura.png

Edited by Davy

I had that issue. Rebooting the computer fixed it for me, but a friend who also had the issue said he had to completely reinstall the Wurm client to fix the issue. :(

Hey i have the same problem I'm online with my main but when i try my alt the say update failed ( Error: Could not copy graphics.jar.bak)

3 hours ago, Aleck said:

I had that issue. Rebooting the computer fixed it for me, but a friend who also had the issue said he had to completely reinstall the Wurm client to fix the issue. :(

Yeah that's what I did, I rebooted three times it didnt make a difference so I just reinstalled no problem

Yesterday had to try 3 times to get in today doing same thing update says completed but it will not launch.

After the update it seemed my settings profile was changed, even though it had the same name.  The game would at first not completely load, would freeze in the loading screen, or before all game objects had loaded,, and the system had to be restarted.  When I did log in, my UI elements were found back in default locations, and none of my keybinds were stored, the system would also freeze when I went near beehives and fountains.  Looking at the settings, the game was set to use the legacy renderer for some reason.  I reset it to the modern renderer, and reset all my settings and it's now working ok so far.

Edited by Muse