Sign in to follow this  
MacOofer

Increase max characters on book titles

As titles says:  currently you can give a book a title of 20 characters max, that's including spaces.

That is enough for a simple title like: "Bedtime stories"  as this is 15 characters, but "Bedtime stories vol. 1" already wouldn't fit.

And books a barely used (unfortunately)  but could be great to make like real libraries, where you could have real stories in them with titles like "Hanzl and Grettle on Xanadu", "The history of [deed] xxxxxxxxxxxx", "Once upon a time on Pristine" , "Wurm Wogic for dummies Vol. 1" etc...

And with that:

- Allow more title characters, based on the ql of the book (like 5 chars per ql)

- allow books to be placed flat too, instead of just upright

- allow more books in an empty large bookshelf, if you fill it up now, it still looks empty

- reduce the dmg taken on books that are inside bookshelves on deed, or remove dmg on deed for that case altogether

Make my dream come through so that I can use this on the several thousands of books I want in my City Library :)

• Like 15

I'm okay with this, I know it's something @Seriphinaprobably wants too!

I'd love to see the limits of items on bookshelves, tables and other flat surfaces be completely removed or in the 100s of items.

i agree a library would be wonderful.  I think it would be great to maybe one day integrate it into finding pages of the stories while investigating past deeds. I can just imagine the amazing titles players would come up with. :)  

7 hours ago, MacOofer said:

- allow more books in an empty large bookshelf, if you fill it up now, it still looks empty

+1 Title space on books are far to limited. And I am always running out of space on bookshelves though they still look empty which is very annoying.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:48 PM, Katrat said:

+1 Title space on books are far to limited. And I am always running out of space on bookshelves though they still look empty which is very annoying.

Yup and the high bookshelves are too full already :(