Sign in to follow this  
Drogos

Increase the effect of imbues

When approaching the end levels of a skill, the imbues ability to help increase the quality seems to fade off a lot. I am open to the idea that I am doing something wrong (does clothes type matter, etc, I do not know), however #ca-help did not help here either. So if this is user error, please update wiki, etc with some intel here. As pr the the example in #ca-help, with mining skill of 99.64, a rare pickaxe, with a rune, and 100 imbue, mining a q99 vein, max quality is still only q99.87, which means all these boosts on the pickaxe still only pull the quality up by 0.23

It scales for a reason. Imbues before basically made having any mining skill pointless because you could just spend a few silver for 100 mining. Grind .23 more mining and get your 100ql.

59 minutes ago, Holar said:

It scales for a reason

I know it scaled for a reason :) I was suggesting to change how it scales, so that one can get the ql 100 a bit earlier. I am one of those people that when I reach 100 in a skill, I find that skill boring. If I am forced to almost reach 100 skill to be able to get ql 100 ores, then I will just grind there, not having too much fun doing so, and then when there, feel like a do not gain anything more from mining. With this change I feel like the end game time will be increased and provide more fun for a longer time at end game levels.

You need about 99.84 or 86 for ql100 with a rare runed pick. Since the catastrophic and stupid nerf last Xmas mining imbues have practically close to no effect. Defending that is simply rubbish. Not that it bothers me, I am beyond that skill level where it mattered.

• Like 2

Gathering imbues (like mining and woodcutting) are generally not worth it when you have high skills, and not worth the money when you don't have high skills. It seemed to be the intent of the devs for them to be good before reaching high skill and to drop off after that. Since these skills can be grinded pretty quickly that makes for a pretty small window in which you really benefit from these imbues. Combine this with their low accessibility and high price and they are simply not worth it for most of the target group. I'd go as far as to say that these imbues are a trap for the unaware player and just cheat them out of their (hard earned) silver. At this point they should buy the rune, and hard skip the imbue.

Making them continue to have a reasonable amount of value for players even once their skill gets higher would make the investment worth it for a longer period of time, and thus make the high price and low accessibility more reasonable as well. I'm not saying it should be reverted to what it was like before the changes, but a middle ground as the OP proposes here sounds like an improvement to me.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 2

If I'm not wrong the focus of rework was that imbues give more higher ql ores  rather to increase maximum output ql. For example you should have more 99 ql ores with 99 skill per 100 pile sample than you would have with pick without imbue, well at least average value of mined pile should be bigger thus having more higher ql ores mined

I don't really mind that you need to get high skills to get 100 QL. It was sorta dumb people were getting 100 QL at 70 skill or whatever.

Needing to get to 99.X seems reasonable to me. Though I'm able to get 100 QL felled trees at 98.6ish woodcutting with a rare hatchet, 100 imbue, and the resource gathering rune. I wouldn't mind if the imbues made the average quality go up a bit more, though.