Sign in to follow this  
Shydow

Damaged tool warning

With the new notification on low stamina, high carry weight, and climb modes, I was thinking that we could have something similar for highly damaged tools. Perhaps a yellow indicator when a tool is >50% damaged, and a red indicator when it is >80% damaged, to help prevent needless loss of skiller tools. This could be configured in the settings for those that do not want the indicators to pop up.

• Like 15

Yes please! I've accidentally blown up so many tools by accident!

+1 I've lost count of how many tools I've had to remake for people because they blew them up on skill grinds.

+1 Yes.  I wonder *where* the indicator would show when the tool is not visible in inventory, e.g. a chisel in your backpack, a pickaxe in a closed group, if inventory window is closed, or when using a tool on the floor such as a spinning wheel.

Maybe there should be a universal Tool QL warning in a different colour in event window and/or flashing icon somewhere on screen.

Thank you Shydow :) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2

Yes please, but also what Muse said, not sure how it would best be shown, most of my tools are tucked into containers or categories so not seen unless I go looking for them.

8 hours ago, Muse said:

I wonder *where* the indicator would show when the tool is not visible in inventory,

At the bottom of the inventory window, it shows us what item is currently activated. The indicator could be around that, so it always shows in the same place, regardless of where the tool currently is. 

• Like 3

+1 yeah it seems a really nice QoL change now we have these elements for highlighting in. Good idea!

+1 so no one ever has to send me a chisel and a scolding ever again. 

I'd suggest yellow at 30% damage and red at 50%, considering how easy it is to break some things, especially at low quality.

• Like 1