Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

Help with Beverages page

I just updated the Beverages page with a new "Creation Date" section.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Beverages

I wrote "Beverages come with a Wurm creation date that can be seen upon examining the liquid with a sufficiently high beverages skill." but I'd really like to know what that skill threshold is.

I'd like if y'all could examine a created beverage in your possession (the liquid, not the container) and let me know what your bevs skill is and whether you get a message like "Created on day of Sleep, week 3 of the starfall of Omens, 1104." Even something as simple as a squished apple should have one.

Let's see if we can narrow this down.

Edited by Ajala

Stanlee said he gets the date at just above 70 skill. Anyone lower get it?

Hi Ajala, I'm at 35 beverage skill and trying to make all the alcoholic drinks. Sofar I got beers, gins, moonshine, whiskey, vodka, mead and cider.

I did examen a few finished drinks I got:

A wine barrel with 29ql beer fermented on cedar & chestnut: "A cheap, mass-produced affair, lacking serious palette, flavour or depth; a perfect example of canoe fornication. This has a very low nutrition value. Created on Wrath day, week 2 of the starfall of the Saw, 1105."

A wine barrel with 29ql stout fermented on oak: "Malt flavors work to create strong chocolate notes, but without overpowering the taste and aroma of the hops. This has a very low nutrition value. Created on day of the Wurm, week 2 of the starfall of the Saw, 1105."

A wine barrel with 29ql porter fermented on maple & linden: "Dark in color, but lacking in burnt malt taste. There is a malty sweetness that is present, and can be complemented by chocolate flavors. This has a very low nutrition value. Created on Wrath day, week 2 of the starfall of the Saw, 1105."

A wine barrel with 29ql bitter fermented on pine: "Named for the bitter flavor that the hops present. They have fruity flavors and lower alcohol content. This has a very low nutrition value. Created on day of the Wurm, week 2 of the starfall of the Saw, 1105."

A barrel with 16ql distilled lemon gin: "Clear but coloured by lemon with a hint of botanicals and maternal ruin. This has a very low nutrition value. Created on Wrath day, week 3 of the Raven's starfall, 1104."

Thanks Tommy. Looks like our new floor is 35 skill.

I've heard the WU code says it's 30, so if somebody with 25-29 skill can test it, we probably have our answer.

• Like 1

I logged on Test server (where you can set your skill at a given number).
At 30 skill - i didn't see the age, at 31 i Did.

Seems 30 is the magic number :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oluffus said:

I logged on Test server (where you can set your skill at a given number).
At 30 skill - i didn't see the age, at 31 i Did.

Seems 30 is the magic number :)

Nice one, thanks. :)