Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Please add craftable warhammers or just make them a part of mauls

The warhammer itself is just 1 artifact in game. It's a bit of a pity that most of the playerbase won't ever interact with that particular skill or have interest in pvp. 

My proposal is quite simple : Add a craftable version of the warhammer, or just file the warhammer + hammer skill itself under large maul / mauls. 

The 2 skill slots can be freed to offer room for skills such as "Glassblowing" or "Cartography" perhaps (random examples). 

I remember playing on a WU server that had a craftable warhammer, and it caused all other weapons to become meaningless.  Instead, since leather and chain are the preferred armour for pvp and they have higher vulnerability to pierce than other armour types, there needs to be a more effective one-hander that deals higher pierce damage.  Currently, the longsword is the most comparable, but it deals a low amount of either piece or slash.  

My suggestion is to revitalize the short sword, by making it a dagger and dealing 15% additional piercing damage from the rear, like a rogue's backstab.  It can still deal either slash or pierce to keep it from becoming the meta, but added checks so that if action is a pierce and behind target, then +15% damage.

Edited by Galatyn

Wouldn't mind seeing the shortsword getting some buffs. It's a pretty ineffective weapon. 

As for a warhammer balancing situation, my train of thought is to give it increased % to stun upon a successful hit, but having a pretty mediocre parry rate. 

I don't really get it while we have some skills gated pvp only, skills should be community wide, regardless of being PvE or PvP. Stealing is another good example of a useless skill on PvE and one could argue what's its use on pvp as well. 

In any case, hope someone considers implementing warhammers as a viable craftable weapon or maybe just replace the skill with smth else.