Sign in to follow this  
Berms

Glow Around Runed Objects Gone After Update

Since the last patch (28/OCT/21), the glow around runed objects has dissapeared.

The ambient lighting is stil working but I'm talking about the graphical glow around objects when placed on tables in my house for example.

Edited by Berms

Bump. I would like the glow on my items back around my house please...

All the glow runed objects I had within my cave are now missing their glow.

It's only glow runed items though.  Torches are still lit.

• Like 1

I also have a Foundation Pillar (Despair) and an Obelisk (Charge of Tongue) that both have Brass Jackal Runes, and neither glow any more.

I came back from a hiatus, so I do not know when exactly their glow effect stopped working.

The Obelisk also has a color rune, which is expressed in the examine info, but stopped showing after I equipped the Glow rune.

CAD P13

However, my santa hat with a Brass Jackal rune still gives me light light a lantern does.

Bump on this - I have 7 statues that the rune is not working on (all that had it).  This is upsetting as these runes cost me silver and of course, I had failures applying.  Any update on this?

• Like 1

Bump again. Its an obvious bug that happend right after that specific patch update so it should be easy to reverse the progress. 

Bumping again.  Is it safe to even re-rune the items or is this an issue that will persist?

• Like 1

Bumping. This seems like an issue more people have. My beacon statue (what I used it for) has now no glow and I would kindly ask it to be fixed.

• Like 1

Bump... still no glow around my objects. will this ever get fixed again? I don't see any good reason as why it's removed and why no GM is responding here. 

what items

Toolbelt with glowrune does act oddly... when placed on ground in 3rd person it works to show light and color fine(no aura/halo), in 1st person it does flash color light as supposed for a moment then turns off the light(?);

I have a bee-hive with glowrune which long ago worked initially, then not.. then was fixed to show light again, still works fine as a "lamp".

Toolbelt for example used to have a halo or aura around the item, this is now gone, could be what @Bermsmeans?

On 29/06/2023 at 13:00, Finnn said:

what items

Toolbelt with glowrune does act oddly... when placed on ground in 3rd person it works to show light and color fine(no aura/halo), in 1st person it does flash color light as supposed for a moment then turns off the light(?);

I have a bee-hive with glowrune which long ago worked initially, then not.. then was fixed to show light again, still works fine as a "lamp".

Toolbelt for example used to have a halo or aura around the item, this is now gone, could be what @Bermsmeans?

No... Not (just) toolbelt...  any item,  my butchering knife, my mask,  my chisel, all runed and the glow around all of them but the glow dissapeared after that update. 

It's simple. Items had visible glow AROUND them ( not ambience glow ) when placed. 

See below:

glow.png

What you see above is NOT working anymore since that update from 2021.

I also saw other bug reports about this and some GM responded that this has been fixed but obviously that is NOT the case.

Just tested with a ring [09:58:51] A brass rune of Jackal has been attached, so it will glow brightly

Placing it on a table will brighten up the room, but the ring will stay dark.

• Like 1

bumpybump.  Dev's, please pick this up with the next update. I'm sure its just a small adjustment, happend by accident somewhere in 2021, and y'all forgot about it.  But its 2 years later, and its a very simple thing to fix.