Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Courier tokens

With new and large servers the mailbox is a vital item.  It takes a priest to be physically present to do a cast.  It might be an idea to think about creating some token that can be sold at merchants where a priest can create a little item, an cast courier on it, and sell it via merchants (or mail it to a person waiting at a mailbox at spawn or somewhere).  The recipient can purchase the token and go apply it to a remote, blank mailbox.  It could be similar to a rune or some magic potion, and perhaps the quality of the cast range from 1 to 49 or something like that.  At least it will give opportunity for anyone starting a deed in the middle of nowhere to have a working mailbox.  It would seem selling casts remotely is not something completely outside of the Wurm lore, because other priests can spin a little money by selling their casts on items already, e.g. Vyn priests can sell many items with WOA and CoC  casts, and as these items can be sent, received and traded, these priests have a lot of scope to make some coin.  For things like carts and ships, we have runes.

• Like 4

+1  Failing a mundane spell-free way to make a mailbox, 1 use courier spells should be available for new players.  Spell scrolls have been suggested:

• Like 2

I like this idea.

It should not be something that can be flood into the market.

Sell from a trader a blank rune for say 1s and then a priest can cast Courier/Dark Messenger on that and sell it on.

Having a cost to the rune should ensure that there will not be 100's of these things available because it will cost the priest to much coin but still an option.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'll give a +1 to the OP and the 2 variations above. I do think that a remote cast such as this should definitely be limited in power, so if you want a fast mailbox you'll have to have the priest come out and cast it in person.

• Like 1

+1 as well to the OP and the additional suggestions. I can see this as being really beneficial to newer players.

• Like 1

Courier cast on flint, flint QL caps cast QL.

Gives us a use for flint, isn't going to destroy the high cast market of the whales with 3+ priest alts.

• Like 1

+1 I think this would be very beneficial. I have found that many players do not keep their alt priests premed to be utilized at a moments notice but if they could make these tokens while premed and have them available at any time that would help a lot of players out who just want a quick mailbox enchant but can't find a premed priest.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 2