Sign in to follow this  
Rockta

Glass making

I would like to suggest a new feature for glass making; such as making panes for windows or glass ware for tables and other such aesthetic appearances. Additionally it you could make stain glassed windows with dye. I would open a whole new path for one to follow.

• Like 6

Yes, please.

An oft-made suggestion, so hopefully gaining some traction.

Here is another recent one - 

• Like 1

This has been suggested a few times since I started 10 years ago... so of course I need to plus one this.

+1

• Like 1

+1 Every time I see a suggestion for this I see a lot of likes! I don't know anyone who doesn't like the idea of glass blowing and stained glass.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

How about a big glass sided tank we can fill with water and use as an aquarium to keep some of the fish we get using the fishing skill?

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Rockta said:

I would like to suggest a new feature for glass making; such as making panes for windows or glass ware for tables and other such aesthetic appearances. Additionally it you could make stain glassed windows with dye. I would open a whole new path for one to follow.

I think we should start a local glassworkers union :)

Yep, been suggested at least a few dozen times over the years + countless conversations in kingdom chat or global chat about it. 

Definitely would be a nice skill addition to the game. We have some irrelevant (mostly) skills in game like stealing / ballistae (anyone actually uses those without any "aiming" mechanic?) who can be replaced by Glassblowing. 

• Like 1

As people have already said, this appears to be an addition that would be welcomed by many.

The fact that many folk appear to have discovered the appeal of brewing in Wurm would (at least to me) to offer the developers an even better reason to investigate the possibility of adding glass making to these lands so that red / white wine glasses, spirit glasses, tumblers and sparkling wine glasses can appear on our tables. I am sure that we would also have some magnificent cathedral windows should the ability to dye glass be added as well. Dye makers (not me) would be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect to making a few more coins.

We could perhaps make pottery and glass making collaborative skills. It may be that we could have the pottery material available at lower skill levels so leaving the chance / ability to create glass at higher levels to enable some sort of progression within the skill set(s).

The fantastic tea and coffee additions have already stimulated me to spend many hours making equipment to support the new opportunities. Adding glass making to Wurm would- I am sure- do the same for many more players.

If the Romano-British were able to have glass almost two thousand years ago then surely so should we :) 

• Like 1

Having small glass bottles, pitchers, glasses that can store liquid would be pretty sweet. Not to mention this can be extended into other items. 

Also glass statues for high skilled glassblowers, plates, glass vase, windows, stained glass windows, mirrors and why not, some other funky items such as chandeliers that could perhaps be attached to ceilings. 

I think alongside with cartography this has been one of the most suggested ideas for the past couple of years. 

Edited by elentari

Yes, this was suggested almost 18 years ago on the Wurm beta forums, all for it.