Sign in to follow this  
HeddWyn

Animals escaping pens?

Since the last big update on the 28th I have noticed several of my animals outside of the pens they are housed in. The first was a hell horse that I assumed had been led out (on my free animals deed) and then killed the handler as there was a corpse nearby, but then, today when I logged in, there were 2 pigs and a dog out of their pens (I know they were safely in there when I logged out, and that they were mine, not wild, as they had been branded and renamed).

My partner has also had his dog walk out of a sealed pen... and talking to others in CA Help and my own alliance, others have had the same issues. I am especially concerned for my Champ aggro breeders given the halloween loot hunt, if they get out and off my deed, they won't last long as someone will be bound to knock them off looking for halloween goodies...

Any advice, or any chance this could be looked into as a matter of some urgency? I know a friend has just watched three of her horses walk through a locked gate and is equally concerned about loosing her prize 5sp ebony mare.

I saw one of my pens empty today, and the pen next to it had 4 horses...so I have also experienced this

I watched 3 of my horses walk out of their pens, also had a sheep and bison in other pens.

I have found 10 horses out of their pens so far.  please fix this

For me it was a foal passing through a fence gate and going into another pen

Are they only going through gates? What about solid fences, doors, or walls?

So far the one I have seen was a locked iron gate, the others I just found roaming so couldn't say for sure... but they are housed in low stone wall pens with iron fence gates that are locked. The animals have been branded and so far as I say it has been a hell horse, 2 dogs and 2 pigs that I have personally experienced. 

I actually seen 2 horse go through the gates that are locked, I found a young horse outside of the stable building, I think may have walked through the wall, (but not sure) Definitely through gates and doors.

I've had one horse try to escape, I found him half way out of the gate and was able to intercept him! He was off deed in a locked pen, unbranded. However I seem to have had a break in - 3 wild donkeys spawned in an adjacent pen!

This has potentially pretty dire consequences for me if it's happening through locked gates, which by reports it seems to be. I have about 60-80 irreplaceable GM-named+spawned creatures from across the years that I'm praying won't suddenly all start escaping their pens; some would quickly become prey to others even if the branding protects them from players out on Halloween hunts and that would pretty much be my last three years of work in Wurm on the line.

Are the wandering creatures hungry/out of food in their own pens, does anyone know? Has anyone seen them pass through locked doors, or only gates?

I'll fence over every entrance to the wildlife park if I have to. 😕

None of mine were hungry Crimson, I make sure to keep them fed and fat, and the one dog I saw escape was through a locked gate

Kelpee a few posts up said doors too though

Edited by HeddWyn
additional info added
  • Cat 1

and one of my ven, cared for rams has just found his way out of his enclosure...

looks like he came through the gate post of the iron gate of that pen

Is any of this happening to saddled horses? *toddles off to check the unsaddled pens*

mine are passing through unlocked gates in pens on deed.  Randomly finding my horses around the deed.  The horses are not branded and none have been above mature.

Just now, PvtPile said:

Is any of this happening to saddled horses? *toddles off to check the unsaddled pens*

No-one has mentioned saddled horses yet... and certainly none of mine were

i watched a hellhorse spin violently for like 15 seconds then phase through a wall to attack me, was pretty cool

7acae3964cbb4a0f8cddc13787707e87.png multiple hellies have escaped from their pens, found like 8 of them wandering around

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

1 hour ago, HeddWyn said:

No-one has mentioned saddled horses yet... and certainly none of mine were

Appreciate the answer. Now I wish I could saddle my goblin and beefaloo lol

Yes, I've had 2 of my normal horses walk through a stone wall. That was maybe two weeks ago, luckily I happened to log online, seen it immediately, and got it back to safety back in the pen. I asked about it when it happened in freedom chat, but no one knew much I don't think at the time.

Edited by Red_

A decade of collecting and caring for  unique, named, sentimental,  champs etc. If any is lost due to this it might be a final straw. Please roll back servers and fix it urgently. Thanks. 

• Like 1

I had about 5 horses stuck in some kind of loop where they were walking so painfully like they were over encumbered and also backwards then would spin around and go a tile back then start again, maybe they were trying to escape but the crude gates outsmarted them. This was in a couple of different pens 3 in the same holding pattern on the same 2 tiles, I watched amused for a few mins then went about my business for 20 mins and came back they were still at it but once I roped them and moved slightly their trance was broken.

I have a pen just outside of deed that has crude wooden fences that are in good condition the highway is in between my deed and this pen and chickens are escaping from it ..there is a pen right behind it with pigs and they dont seem to be escaping . I have two food bowls in the pen and its a 5x4 pen with crude gates on it. 

Had a similar situation to this happen recently, been asked to add my information here by a GM. 

I had 1 of my 10 champion hell hounds escape a building type of pen with a gate on the front, run up the hill behind and attack some friends who were working on my deed. The work was being done no where near the building to affect anything, everything is locked, animal wasn't hungry and they've been secure for 2+ years at this point. This is the first time anything like this has happened.

i had a similar situation with a buck escaping from a completely fenced in tiered area with bridges going to each tier in side the fenced in area. this happened a couple of days ago. 

a gm asked me to put it here 

adding to this, we had a champ spider get out of its pen somehow / disappear randomly.