Sign in to follow this  
olafhairybreeks

Horses are packing tiles more frequently since 28/10/21 update

So today I've had at least 6 packed tiles across several pens of horses, where normally I don't see any packing at all since I put in troughs. One or two would be noticable, but six is a lot! It might be related to a movement bug reported in cahelp by Crimsonearth? I did have one of my horses follow me across some packed tiles as I was replanting them.

EDIT On further inspection I have at least 10 packed tiles across several pens, and my champ rat is pacing back and forth across one tile obsessively. She either needs a dance partner or a tranquiliser.

Edited by olafhairybreeks
Moar

To add to this, I've had moonwalking unicorns, horses and bison (at least 8-10, including four horses doing it on one tile together) that slowly move forward and in reverse across a tile dipping their heads over and over and a bear spinning around like the kid from the exorcist on a tile corner. A dev popped by but the behaviour wasn't observable for them so concluded might be a lag/de-sync issue. Relogging then, and when logging in today, I'm still getting animals doing it and that's where tiles are getting packed for me (after not having to deal with a packed tile in a over a year). All creatures show as not hungry when examined, but the movement is akin to when animals move to feed from a pet bowl, and some of the horses grazed when I moved them. All animals stopped the weird movement when led or tamed and led away, but at least one restarted it minutes later on another tile. 

If the jerky movement is an issue at my end rather than on Wurm's end, the tile packing where the movement occurs presumably is not.

• Cat 1

Noticed the same behavior as Crimson at my deed with some horses/hell horses.  Some additional info:

• was only affecting horses in pens that had a packed tile - they would 'moonwalk' out of that pen into an adjacent one
  • if I cultivated the tile, the behavior immediately stopped
  • planting flowers (to then enchant back into grass) made the behavior begin again
  • enchanting or removing the flowers did nothing to change the horses behavior, it kept trying to move away from the tile
  • Like 1

In a mid size pen, for the last 6 months no packed tiles... Bam 8 packed tiles.  Same amount of horses.

Also have a full feeding trough.