Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Roasting coffee and cacao beans

My experience so far: You need 1 roasting dish per 1 green coffee/cacao bean. The beans will then turn into cocoa bean/coffee bean. Note that the cocoa bean is only 0.10 while the old beans found by foraging were 0.20kg. 1 bean per dish seems not very much. Ok it seems that the oven holds at least as many roasting dishes as pottery bowls so mass production is not really an issue. I may look for a rare dish as my ql97 beans become ql99 after roasting, and ql 100 ones would be neat.

Questions with tea seeds: How do they differ from camelia (forestry harvest)? They are planted in planters so yet to see what comes out.

Edited by Ekcin

Camellia needs to be in season for harvesting. Potted tea plants are harvestable all year round.

Edited by Bekador

Btw., tested now with a rare roasting dish. The ql97-98 beans uniquely become 99.05 in a rare roasting dish instead of 99.00 in a normal one. No chance for ql100 :) maybe better when cooking or beverages higher (bevs 92.05, cooking 70).

The difference is ways more impressive when roasting ql81.35 beans, the ones coming out of planters here due to my 78 (now 79) gardening skill. In normal roasting dishes, they produce coffee beans of ql85..91, averaging to 89.49 so far, whereas the rare roasting dish produces ql87..97, averaging to 94.33 . So a rare roasting dish pays.

Edited by Ekcin
typo

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Btw., tested now with a rare roasting dish. The ql97-98 beans uniquely become 99.05 in a rare roasting dish instead of 99.00 in a normal one. No chance for ql100 :) maybe better when cooking or beverages higher (bevs 92.05, cooking 70)

The cap for cooking anything (pizza, etc.) is 99 without rare and 99.05 with rare. Makes sense that beverages has the same cap.

• Like 1

this 1 per roasting dish might be related to the moment I realised that a high ql frying pan has a higher capacity for weight and number of items than a low ql.  I also realised that I could raise the CCFP of my meals by adding "all the things" possible and I have like 20 HFC and get 4 hrs afinity timers on 40ql ingredients. i even think a cauldron could serve as a frying pan and create some sort of terence mckenna timewave zero logarithmic 5000 year affinity meals... XD

Edited by Muunkey